SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue Mods
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-06-2011, 09:03 PM   #21
Brad03
Brad03 is on a distinguished road

2003 VUE 2.2L
Default Re: V6 Airbag and Steering Wheel is Now Installed with Pics!!!

Looks great but a bit too much money for me to attempt a similar mod. Good work!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Brad03's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Brad03 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Brad03 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 09-14-2011, 08:36 PM   #22
steamloc
steamloc is on a distinguished road

Hi guyes
Is the Cadillac STS (or XLR) airbag suitable with Vue 05?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg caddy1.jpg (125.7 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg caddy2.jpg (159.7 KB, 36 views)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to steamloc's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help steamloc reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
steamloc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 03:50 PM   #23
Lusiphur220
Lusiphur220 is on a distinguished road

2003 VUE 2.2L

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamloc View Post
Hi guyes
Is the Cadillac STS (or XLR) airbag suitable with Vue 05?
The airbag connections look right since I had to swap out my airbag on my 03 Vue and the connections didn't originally match. Easy adjustment since the actual detonator for the airbags are seperate from the airbag.
Now I'm not sure the whole piece would fit in the Vue's steering wheel gap. It's hard to tell without having them side by side, then again I could be wrong.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Lusiphur220's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Lusiphur220 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Lusiphur220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 10:25 PM   #24
col_dude190
Advanced Member
col_dude190 has a spectacular aura aboutcol_dude190 has a spectacular aura aboutcol_dude190 has a spectacular aura about

2006 VUE Red Line
2004 ION-3 Quad Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusiphur220 View Post
The airbag connections look right since I had to swap out my airbag on my 03 Vue and the connections didn't originally match. Easy adjustment since the actual detonator for the airbags are seperate from the airbag.
Now I'm not sure the whole piece would fit in the Vue's steering wheel gap. It's hard to tell without having them side by side, then again I could be wrong.
If the connections look to be the same as the ones on the Vue's airbag, then you should be good to go to use the caddy parts since Saturn actually stole the V6 steering wheel in '04 and '05 from the Cadillac parts bin

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to col_dude190's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help col_dude190 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
col_dude190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 08:01 AM   #25
XRL
Master Member
XRL will become famous soon enoughXRL will become famous soon enough

2004 VUE Red Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by col_dude190 View Post
If the connections look to be the same as the ones on the Vue's airbag, then you should be good to go to use the caddy parts since Saturn actually stole the V6 steering wheel in '04 and '05 from the Cadillac parts bin
I wish they had stole the clockspring too. Then we could easily add radio controls on the steering wheel. Yes, I'm still upset about this, lol.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to XRL's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help XRL reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
XRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 05:50 PM   #26
steamloc

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortugalFocus View Post
4. Remove the two airbag connectors (pink and white).
I just noticed that the Saturn Vue 2002 and 2003 have only one green connector on the driver's airbag. Is it possible to hook up this newer V6 airbag to the Vue 2002-2003? Maybe I need another clock spring from 2005-06 modells?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg vue 2-3.jpg (34.8 KB, 28 views)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help steamloc reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 12-13-2011, 04:14 AM   #27
RedGeminiPA
RedGeminiPA will become famous soon enough

2004 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRL View Post
I wish they had stole the clockspring too. Then we could easily add radio controls on the steering wheel. Yes, I'm still upset about this, lol.
I'm not exactly airbag savvy, but couldn't you just use the Cadillac clock spring as well? I'd love to get the radio controls for my RL!

Avid Apple, car and vacuum enthusiast. Don't hate! ;)

Current:
'04 FWD 3.5L

Previous:
'05 AWD Red Line
'02 L200

http://www.facebook.com/SaturnFansNorthEast

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to RedGeminiPA's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help RedGeminiPA reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
RedGeminiPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 10:51 AM   #28
PortugalFocus
Advanced Member
PortugalFocus is a jewel in the roughPortugalFocus is a jewel in the roughPortugalFocus is a jewel in the roughPortugalFocus is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedGeminiPA View Post
I'm not exactly airbag savvy, but couldn't you just use the Cadillac clock spring as well? I'd love to get the radio controls for my RL!
I think you could use the clock spring from the Cadillac but radio controls.... that's another story.

Michelin LTX M/S2's // MOMO // Razzi Spoiler // Westin // Hella // K&N // Clear Corners

V6 Air Bag and Steering Wheel Swap
http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155754

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to PortugalFocus's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help PortugalFocus reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
PortugalFocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 03:47 PM   #29
col_dude190
Advanced Member
col_dude190 has a spectacular aura aboutcol_dude190 has a spectacular aura aboutcol_dude190 has a spectacular aura about

2006 VUE Red Line
2004 ION-3 Quad Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortugalFocus View Post
I think you could use the clock spring from the Cadillac but radio controls.... that's another story.
Agreed....the Cadis use VERY different radios from the pretty simple headunits that come standard on the Vues...I highly doubt there is any chance of getting the radio controls from a Cadillac to work in a Vue

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to col_dude190's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help col_dude190 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
col_dude190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 04:46 PM   #30
XRL
Master Member
XRL will become famous soon enoughXRL will become famous soon enough

2004 VUE Red Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by col_dude190 View Post
Agreed....the Cadis use VERY different radios from the pretty simple headunits that come standard on the Vues...I highly doubt there is any chance of getting the radio controls from a Cadillac to work in a Vue
Not if you had an aftermarket radio, the radio controls in the Caddy aren't that sophisticated, they're just a resistor tree. Very easy to get to work with an aftermarket radio (especially a higher end nav unit).

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to XRL's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help XRL reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
XRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 10:39 PM   #31
steamloc

Default V6 Airbag and Steering Wheel is Now Installed with Pics!!!

del del

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 06-05-2015, 11:33 AM   #32
circles6
circles6 is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE 3.5L

I'm trying to do this with an 2005 Equinox 4 spoke wheel. Cruise wiring is my problem! The airbag and horn work fine though.

I was able to acquire an airbag included steering wheel from a 2005 Chevrolet Equinox with cruise controls only. I have tried to install the wheel and it DOES fit my Vue and the airbag(dual/two stage) plugs in and tests OK. I am stumped a bit with the cruise wiring though. The chevy uses a blue 8 pin connector but uses only 5 pins. My Vue uses a similar white 6 pin connector and all 6 pins are used. Both wheels have a cruise power button and light and toggle for resume/accelerate and set/coast. I managed to figure the power to the chevy wheel cruise wiring but cannot get the set/coast and resume/accelerate buttons to work. Horn works too! If anyone might have any suggestions on getting the wiring correct I would be elated as I just don't like the three spoke wheel of the Saturn and the bottom mounted cruise control location and the power switch in mine is going bad. I am willing to cut and splice wires if need be as well

Equinox wiring in wheel

Red/pink to blue connector terminator to switch (Power?)
Black with white stripe to blue connector terminator and ground hoop to switch (Ground?)
Grey with white stripe to blue connector terminator to both switch and toggle
Grey with Black stripe to blue connector terminator to toggle
Black with white stripe connected between switch and toggle (Ground to toggle?)
Orange connected between switch and toggle (Power to toggle)

I think the Grey/Black and Grey/White are the set/coast and resume/accel signals and the Grey/White needs to be cut free from the switch side. May need to cut/modify more.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to circles6's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help circles6 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
circles6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 10:52 AM   #33
drowsytaco
drowsytaco is on a distinguished road

2003 VUE 2.2L

so this is an old thread but i'm hoping someone can help, I have an 03 vue 4cyl and my horn switch in the steering wheel went bad. So my question is if i replace the steering wheel with a newer year will it fix my problem?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to drowsytaco's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help drowsytaco reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
drowsytaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 09:41 AM   #34
PortugalFocus
Advanced Member
PortugalFocus is a jewel in the roughPortugalFocus is a jewel in the roughPortugalFocus is a jewel in the roughPortugalFocus is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowsytaco View Post
so this is an old thread but i'm hoping someone can help, I have an 03 vue 4cyl and my horn switch in the steering wheel went bad. So my question is if i replace the steering wheel with a newer year will it fix my problem?
It should pending that the contacts on the replacement air bag are in good, functioning shape.

Most VUE bags/wheels are a direct fit. Be careful with the clock spring and all airbag wiring. If it pops it's like a bomb going off.

Michelin LTX M/S2's // MOMO // Razzi Spoiler // Westin // Hella // K&N // Clear Corners

V6 Air Bag and Steering Wheel Swap
http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155754

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to PortugalFocus's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help PortugalFocus reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
PortugalFocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 10:49 AM   #35
DrewsBrews
DrewsBrews is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE 2.2L

Installed one on mine. Only set me back $15 at the junkyard.

I hate the regular wheel. There wasn't a comfortable place to hold when you rest your elbow to steady for highway driving.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to DrewsBrews's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help DrewsBrews reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
DrewsBrews is offline   Reply With Quote