SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Ion > Ion Tech

Old 03-09-2008, 11:47 PM   #1
col_dude190
Advanced Member
col_dude190 has a spectacular aura aboutcol_dude190 has a spectacular aura aboutcol_dude190 has a spectacular aura about

2006 VUE Red Line
2004 ION-3 Quad Coupe
Default Stock Redline Springs on ION 2

Hello Everybody!

Quick question......

A friend of mine is upgrading to Eibachs on his '05 Redline and had no use for his stock springs anymore. He offered to give them to me for my '06 ION 2 QC, but I was curious as to how much of an improvement in handling I would actually see. My one apprehension in lowering my car has always been that the ride would become too harsh or that I would start scraping my bumper all the time on low driveways and such. Considering that the stock Redline only has about a half inch drop on the base ION's suspension, I didn't think that that would be a huge issue if I were to install the Redline springs, plus I would hopefully see an improvement in handling. Anyones thoughts or opinions would be great!
col_dude190 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 03-10-2008, 02:12 AM   #2
WWhittaker
WWhittaker is on a distinguished road

2004 ION-2 Quad Coupe
Default Re: Stock Redline Springs on ION 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by col_dude190 View Post
Hello Everybody!

Quick question......

A friend of mine is upgrading to Eibachs on his '05 Redline and had no use for his stock springs anymore. He offered to give them to me for my '06 ION 2 QC, but I was curious as to how much of an improvement in handling I would actually see. My one apprehension in lowering my car has always been that the ride would become too harsh or that I would start scraping my bumper all the time on low driveways and such. Considering that the stock Redline only has about a half inch drop on the base ION's suspension, I didn't think that that would be a huge issue if I were to install the Redline springs, plus I would hopefully see an improvement in handling. Anyones thoughts or opinions would be great!

You can do the install in about 2-2.5 hours yourself. I'd say just do it, drive it around for a day or two, and worse case scenario you don't like it and you spend another 2 hours puttin back on your old springs. Honestly what do you have to lose over this other than 4 hours of your life you would have probably wasted on something else ( and probably something else minus the fun )
Life's Not Worth living unless your living fast
WWhittaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 10:15 AM   #3
bc3tech
Master Member
bc3tech will become famous soon enough

2007 AURA XR

i'm 99% sure that all 4 will not fit. as the shocks/struts are not interchangeable between the RL and the QC. only the rears. so don't pay for anything until you've got them on.
+rep always appreciated!

The Procharged Ion - http://kickassion.bc3tech.net
16.317s @ 85.30mph (Nearly stock)
188.28whp / 175.03wtq - SMP Stage 2 - 10psi
bc3tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 11:28 AM   #4
col_dude190
Advanced Member
col_dude190 has a spectacular aura aboutcol_dude190 has a spectacular aura aboutcol_dude190 has a spectacular aura about

2006 VUE Red Line
2004 ION-3 Quad Coupe

I won't be paying for the springs at all, which is a huge plus, because he is just going to give them to me. As far as the fronts not fitting, I'm a little confused because I know that suspensions are different between the Redline and the base IONs, but almost every set of lowering springs works with both the base model and the redline, so wouldn't the redlines fit on a base model as well?
col_dude190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 08:45 PM   #5
Martyx11x11
Martyx11x11 will become famous soon enough

2006 VUE 2.2L
2004 VUE 3.5L

I'm also interested in this so let us know how things work out
Martyx11x11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 08:38 PM   #6
almost_obvious
almost_obvious is on a distinguished road

I've heard that the ion3 suspension that you get with the 2.4L performance package is the same as the redline, except the springs are a little taller. Is this true?
almost_obvious is offline   Reply With Quote