SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Aura > Aura General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2007, 11:08 AM   #81
KrgION03
KrgION03 is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Aussie(Pontiac G8) Vs. Euro(Aura)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uzzy View Post
Buick may or may not get a Zeta, but I think it's likely it will, which would be aimed directly at the 300.
A Buick aimed directly at the Chrysler 300? No....

The Pontiac is closer to the 300.

Kyle

18 Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic, Narvik Black
15 Porsche Cayman, Carrara White
Previous:
13 Porsche Boxster
09 Mercedes-Benz C300
06 Mini Cooper S
05 Saab 9-3
03 Saturn Ion2

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to KrgION03's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help KrgION03 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
KrgION03 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 02-14-2007, 12:25 PM   #82
saturn_69
Master Member
saturn_69 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeMAN View Post
Lets see, what do all the cars you mentioned have in common?

Bonneville= GONE
Trans AM = GONE
Transport = GONE Replacement (Montana 13.5k last year)
GTO GONE = after last year. 3 still at one of my local dealers as of last week.

I don't want the same fate for the G8 or the Aura. It doesn't matter whether I purchase one of these or not, I want to see these car around to give GM a base from which to build from.

Price these two right and they will be around for awhile. Overprice these two and I will be back posting

G8 Gone
Aura Gone

I would love to be back in late 09 saying G8 and Aura 150k+ sold each
You said a $30K Pontiac would never sell, I said that some had, end of debate. It doesn't matter that they don't sell them anymore, it's that they did sell. As for the Bonneville, discontinued to bring the G8; the Montana - GM doesn't make mini-vans anymore; the 20th Anniversary Trans Am was a limited edition; only 18K GTO's were brought over each year and it was never intended to be a sales leader, but yes, they did sell quite a few of them. So, by refuting my list, what was your point? Did those cars sell? Yes. That was my issue with your post. The average retail price of a car is now just below $30K - compacts are the new mid-size, price wise - so if this car straddles the $30K line -$25K-$35K - it'll sell just fine. Again, I don't think they are looking for the G8 to knock the Camry off the top of the pile, I don't know why everyone feels that all cars have to outsell every other car to be considered a success. Did they sell enough to make a profit? If so, then the car is a success. Did they sell enough to pay off the investment in the model or platform? If so, then the car was a success. What's with all the hating here?

"That government is best which governs not at all; and when men are prepared for it, that will be the kind of government which they will have" - H.D. Thoreau

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to saturn_69's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help saturn_69 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
saturn_69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 12:35 PM   #83
BobbyP
Master Member
BobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really nice

2006 VUE Red Line
2007 SKY

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrgION03 View Post

I'm sure Buick and Pontiac would be the same playing field as the Chrysler.

Loaded up a 300c could easily sell for the same price as a Cadillac CTS.

2006 Black VUE Red Line - Now running iOS 11

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BobbyP's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BobbyP reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
BobbyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 02:28 PM   #84
saturn_69
Master Member
saturn_69 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyP View Post
There's no way a $30K Chrysler/Dodge/Buick/Honda/Toyota/Hyundai/VW/truck/SUV/ will ever sell.....

"That government is best which governs not at all; and when men are prepared for it, that will be the kind of government which they will have" - H.D. Thoreau

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to saturn_69's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help saturn_69 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
saturn_69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 02:29 PM   #85
Uzzy
Master Member
Uzzy has a spectacular aura aboutUzzy has a spectacular aura about

2002 SC1
2005 VUE 2.2L

Quote:

Chrysler is a near luxury, or low luxury line. So is Buick. Pontiac is supposed to be sports cars, much like Dodge. But with Chrysler not having a Plymouth for the volume sales, Dodge is doing double duty.

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
If your ECTS is not brass...your ass is grass.
If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire Uzzy.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Uzzy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Uzzy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Uzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 06:13 PM   #86
DeMAN
Advanced Member
DeMAN is on a distinguished road

1995 SC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturn_69 View Post
You said a $30K Pontiac would never sell, I said that some had, end of debate. It doesn't matter that they don't sell them anymore, it's that they did sell. As for the Bonneville, discontinued to bring the G8; the Montana - GM doesn't make mini-vans anymore; the 20th Anniversary Trans Am was a limited edition; only 18K GTO's were brought over each year and it was never intended to be a sales leader, but yes, they did sell quite a few of them. So, by refuting my list, what was your point? Did those cars sell? Yes. That was my issue with your post. The average retail price of a car is now just below $30K - compacts are the new mid-size, price wise - so if this car straddles the $30K line -$25K-$35K - it'll sell just fine.
No company stops making a car that is making money for the company or meeting projected numbers. There was suppose to be 18k-20k GTO sold per year. They never made that number any of the years they were sold. Dealer gouging cost the GTO sales more than anything.

Quote:
Again, I don't think they are looking for the G8 to knock the Camry off the top of the pile, I don't know why everyone feels that all cars have to outsell every other car to be considered a success.
True, it doesn't have to knock off Camry but enough people do have to show interest in order for the car to stay around. If not, its gone.
Bonneville would have been around until now if they were selling. GM cut there run short because it wasn't selling. If GTO would have met or exceeded GM projected numbers, the 07 would have been made. You are kidding yourself if you think GM is not looking for the next single Camry killer. They shouldn't be in the Auto industry otherwise.

DeMAN

95 SC2
97 Grand Prix GTP
06 Acura TL

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to DeMAN's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help DeMAN reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
DeMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 07:44 PM   #87
silverblueL200
Advanced Member
silverblueL200 is on a distinguished road

DeMan, I need to take you out for some beers...your taking this thread waaaay to seriously.

- 2003 Saab 9-3 Arc

Hello, mother. I come bearing a gift. I'll give you a hint. It's in my diaper and it's not a toaster. -Stewie Griffin

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to silverblueL200's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help silverblueL200 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
silverblueL200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 08:57 PM   #88
s-seriesguy
s-seriesguy will become famous soon enough

Quote:
As for the Bonneville, discontinued to bring the G8
The reason is was discontinued was for lack of sales. Not to replace it with the G8, it's been out of production for a couple years now.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to s-seriesguy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help s-seriesguy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
s-seriesguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 11:36 PM   #89
BobbyP
Master Member
BobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really nice

2006 VUE Red Line
2007 SKY

Quote:
As for the Bonneville, discontinued to bring the G8; the Montana
I thought the last Bonneville looked better than the Impala, which sold much better. I'd like to see Pontiac become GM's (BMW) division. They need a G6 sized RWD sedan to match the 3-series to get real attention.

2006 Black VUE Red Line - Now running iOS 11

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BobbyP's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BobbyP reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
BobbyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 01:03 AM   #90
Uzzy
Master Member

2002 SC1
2005 VUE 2.2L

Quote:
I thought the last Bonneville looked better than the Impala, which sold much better. I'd like to see Pontiac become GM's (BMW) division. They need a G6 sized RWD sedan to match the 3-series to get real attention.
I really loved the Bonneville in it's last generation. What a sharp ride. I was looking for one real bad before I got my SC1. But the only one I could find in my price range had a 1/4 of a million kms on it.

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire Uzzy.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Uzzy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Uzzy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 02-17-2007, 02:30 AM   #91
KrgION03

Quote:
I'm sure Buick and Pontiac would be the same playing field as the Chrysler.

nothing to do with price, just brand perception.

buick and chrysler have very different customers imo.

Kyle

Previous:
13 Porsche Boxster
09 Mercedes-Benz C300
06 Mini Cooper S
05 Saab 9-3
03 Saturn Ion2

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help KrgION03 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 02-17-2007, 08:30 AM   #92
Uzzy
Master Member

2002 SC1
2005 VUE 2.2L

Quote:
nothing to do with price, just brand perception.

buick and chrysler have very different customers imo.
Well you're very wrong on that one. There is talk about GM scooping up Chrysler, and guess what GM division people speculate the Chysler brand might replace.....Buick.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Uzzy's Reputation
Old 02-17-2007, 02:54 PM   #93
KrgION03

Quote:
Well you're very wrong on that one. There is talk about GM scooping up Chrysler, and guess what GM division people speculate the Chysler brand might replace.....Buick.
That'll never happen. But, it does make sense. The Chrysler brand has much more cache than Buick.

Buick has a terrible brand image. The 300C does NOT appeal to the 90 year olds that currently shop Buicks, and I dont forsee any 300C (one of the most stylish sedans around) customers wanting to drive a Buick.

I bet they'll all stop stop by the BMW dealer and look at the sixty thousand dollar 550i too? jk..

Kyle

Previous:
13 Porsche Boxster
09 Mercedes-Benz C300
06 Mini Cooper S
05 Saab 9-3
03 Saturn Ion2

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 02-17-2007, 04:39 PM   #94
Uzzy
Master Member

2002 SC1
2005 VUE 2.2L

Quote:
That'll never happen. But, it does make sense. The Chrysler brand has much more cache than Buick.

Buick has a terrible brand image. The 300C does NOT appeal to the 90 year olds that currently shop Buicks, and I dont forsee any 300C (one of the most stylish sedans around) customers wanting to drive a Buick.

I bet they'll all stop stop by the BMW dealer and look at the sixty thousand dollar 550i too? jk..
Well they are in the same market segment, but each has slightly different demographics frequenting each brand more often. Persoannly I love Buicks, and was looking long and hard for a good Regal GS before I settled on a newer Saturn. The reason the failed Terazza came about was to compete with the Town & Conuntry, but no one was buying. They sit in the same position in the market, but their buyers are at opposite ends of that market segment buyers for some reason.

BTW Chrysler and Buick buyers cross-shop Acura, Lexus, and Mercedes-Benz

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Uzzy's Reputation
Old 02-17-2007, 08:09 PM   #95
KrgION03

Quote:

BTW Chrysler and Buick buyers cross-shop Acura, Lexus, and Mercedes-Benz
This is true. My parents have two Chryslers, both of which they cross-shopped with BMWs before buying.

I forgot about that..

Kyle

Previous:
13 Porsche Boxster
09 Mercedes-Benz C300
06 Mini Cooper S
05 Saab 9-3
03 Saturn Ion2

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 02-18-2007, 12:33 PM   #96
Uzzy
Master Member

2002 SC1
2005 VUE 2.2L

Quote:
This is true. My parents have two Chryslers, both of which they cross-shopped with BMWs before buying.

I forgot about that..
They should have looked at Pontiac too

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Uzzy's Reputation
Old 02-18-2007, 04:27 PM   #97
DeMAN
Advanced Member

1995 SC2

Quote:
They should have looked at Pontiac too
They would have had to wait on the G8 and hoped that the "Astek Boys" didn't get to screw it up.
GM needs to fire everyone of those guys who had something to do with the current Grand Prix.

DeMAN

95 SC2
97 Grand Prix GTP
06 Acura TL

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help DeMAN reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 02-18-2007, 05:01 PM   #98
Uzzy
Master Member

2002 SC1
2005 VUE 2.2L

Quote:
They would have had to wait on the G8 and hoped that the "Astek Boys" didn't get to screw it up.
GM needs to fire everyone of those guys who had something to do with the current Grand Prix.
I like the current Grand Prix Less bulbous than the last one, but I won't shed a tear when the G8 replaces it forever.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Uzzy's Reputation
Old 02-18-2007, 05:28 PM   #99
DeMAN
Advanced Member

1995 SC2

Quote:
I won't shed a tear when the G8 replaces it forever.
WE agree

DeMAN

95 SC2
97 Grand Prix GTP
06 Acura TL

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 02-18-2007, 06:17 PM   #100
Uzzy
Master Member

2002 SC1
2005 VUE 2.2L

Quote:
WE agree
I don't think many would disagree. You can only twist that W-body so many ways before, it's just time to let go.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Uzzy's Reputation