SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Aura > Aura General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2007, 11:51 AM   #101
K-1
Master Member
K-1 is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XR
Default Re: GM Clones Aura, Calls It Chevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeMAN View Post
The GTO low volume numbers was suppose to be 20K per year. Thats barely over half and taken almost 2 years to sell what should have taken one.

That makes the numbers even worst for GM if you compare "Retail sales" among the two brands
Yeah, dealer gouging certainly didn't help things any. People weren't willing to pay $5-10k over sticker for a goat. That was the downfall. The car itself was an excellent vehicle.

Toyota: Moving Forward... off a cliff at a high rate of speed.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to K-1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help K-1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
K-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-2007, 01:28 PM   #102
davidsky
Master Member
davidsky will become famous soon enoughdavidsky will become famous soon enough

2005 ION-1 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokie00SL2 View Post
The G6 seems to be selling very well.
True, It's one of the best selling new intros from a domestic manufacturer recently.

Member of the Crank Window Club

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to davidsky's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help davidsky reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
davidsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 01:43 PM   #103
davidsky
Master Member

2005 ION-1 Sedan

Quote:
With a >400hp RWD engine Pontiac GTO could only muster these kinds of numbers.
It was a 2 door car. It would have sold better if it was a sedan. It was also too expensive.

Quote:
The Saturn Astra will probable give the Chevy Cobalt a run for the money next year.
I doubt it. The Astra will be too expensive to sell in huge numbers. It will sell to people looking for a high level compact. I expect less than 1/2 of ION sales.

Quote:
The Saturn brand is getting a full lineup and needs to deliver quality, reliable cars. Is the Camry reliable? Not as reliable as some would think,
The Camry has been on the market for 24 years and has had great reliability overall. That reputation sells more cars. The 2007s may have more problems than usual but we probably won't see the effects of this until 2010

Quote:
The Aura has just a touch of to much chrome for my taste on the front and rear, and NO NAV option. The like of a Bluetooth NAV option is a definate deal killer for me personally. The Upscale Aura should offer this as an option.
I love the chrome and want more.
Considering they're available on almost every other mid size I think the BT and Nav will be here shortly.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help davidsky reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 01-05-2007, 04:20 PM   #104
VTHokie00SL2
Master Member
VTHokie00SL2 will become famous soon enoughVTHokie00SL2 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsky View Post
I love the chrome and want more.
Maybe they should make it optional.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to VTHokie00SL2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help VTHokie00SL2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
VTHokie00SL2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 04:49 PM   #105
VTHokie00SL2
Master Member
VTHokie00SL2 will become famous soon enoughVTHokie00SL2 will become famous soon enough

So, if Pontiac is in danger of becoming a lame duck division, should that in any way give me pause about buying a G6? I wish it had a nicer interior, or I wish that the Aura didn't have the ungainly nose with the huge grille and headlights. Seems I can't win!

Also, is granite metallic a color that's available on the GTP? Seems like half the time, but not always, that color option disappears when I choose the GTP trim level on the Pontiac website.

I'm also looking at cheaper cars, but I'd like something with stability control. It really annoys me that it's only available on the top of the line model on most cars. For example, it's available on the Subaru Legacy GT with nav, but not on the 2.5i Limited. Grr...

The Honda Civic offers it now, but only on the 197 hp version. And I'm not crazy about the Civic's styling. (The coupes are okay, but the sedans look kind of weird.) The Mazda 3 touring offers stability control, but man, what's with the ugly wheels on Mazdas this year?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help VTHokie00SL2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 01-05-2007, 05:10 PM   #106
SKYGUY10066
SKYGUY10066 is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XR

Quote:
So, if Pontiac is in danger of becoming a lame duck division, should that in any way give me pause about buying a G6? I wish it had a nicer interior, or I wish that the Aura didn't have the ungainly nose with the huge grille and headlights. Seems I can't win!

Also, is granite metallic a color that's available on the GTP? Seems like half the time, but not always, that color option disappears when I choose the GTP trim level on the Pontiac website.

I'm also looking at cheaper cars, but I'd like something with stability control. It really annoys me that it's only available on the top of the line model on most cars. For example, it's available on the Subaru Legacy GT with nav, but not on the 2.5i Limited. Grr...

The Honda Civic offers it now, but only on the 197 hp version. And I'm not crazy about the Civic's styling. (The coupes are okay, but the sedans look kind of weird.) The Mazda 3 touring offers stability control, but man, what's with the ugly wheels on Mazdas this year?
Stabilitrac will be standard fare with GM pretty soon.
On the other hand is Bluetooth in any GM now? I didn't know that it was. it should be I just wasn't aware..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SKYGUY10066's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SKYGUY10066 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SKYGUY10066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 05:17 PM   #107
VTHokie00SL2
Master Member

Yeah, it's kind of unfortunate that I need a car now. I can't wait for automakers to stop dragging their feet and make stability control standard.

What is bluetooth? I keep hearing that word, and I don't even know what it is!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 01-05-2007, 05:26 PM   #108
SKYGUY10066
SKYGUY10066 is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XR

Quote:
Yeah, it's kind of unfortunate that I need a car now. I can't wait for automakers to stop dragging their feet and make stability control standard.

What is bluetooth? I keep hearing that word, and I don't even know what it is!
Wireless integration of your cellphone with other devices. Basically an item that allows you to use your vehicles speaker system to talk with your cell and other systems.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SKYGUY10066's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SKYGUY10066 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SKYGUY10066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 05:40 PM   #109
DeMAN
Advanced Member
DeMAN is on a distinguished road

1995 SC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsky View Post
I doubt it. The Astra will be too expensive to sell in huge numbers. It will sell to people looking for a high level compact. I expect less than 1/2 of ION sales.
I think the Astra will fair better than you think, especially if it gets any kind of advertising when the car is launched.

The only thing that could hurt the Astra, is the Auras and or the Outlooks stumbles coming out the gate with some quality issues. I hope it comes to our shores just as it looks in some of the photos I've seen.

Quote:
Pontiac as far as I'm concerned is on life support. The G6 is providing that life line.

I could say the same for Saturn, but someone at GM decided to give Saturn one more chance. Lets all hope that the quality issues are minimal and we all will be laughing about "what were thinking about in this thread" a year from now. It sure would be nice to see 150k-200k Aura sold for 07.

DeMAN

95 SC2
97 Grand Prix GTP
06 Acura TL

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to DeMAN's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help DeMAN reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
DeMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 06:52 PM   #110
davidsky
Master Member

2005 ION-1 Sedan

Quote:
Hyundai Sonata it's standard
The Kia Optima is available loaded with ESC for under $24K

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 01-15-2007, 06:12 PM   #111
Deivid
Deivid is on a distinguished road

Hi

well, I suppose that a lot of people know where Saturns Aura comes...

And that one is my favourite...

I have a few year ago two cars of the first version of this model, one with a 2.2 L with 145 hp and one with the unlogical engine for the US market 1.9 CDTI diesel with 120hp (900km/560miles with 50 liters/13 galons) both with 6 gears and a good equipment to be a car of the `02 (Xenon lights, ESP, 6 Airbags, 17" beautyfull alloywheels, and a long etc.)

This is the future of the Opel Vectra (Aura in Europe) that is going to be changed in the middle of 2008:

They are going to change so much so they are thinking in change the name of Vectra for a new one, Insignia. Maybe is the future of the Saturn Aura too

I have taked the photo from this link http://www.infocoches.com/fotos/opel...ignia_Concept/

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Deivid's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Deivid reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Deivid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 08:19 PM   #112
hasitha
hasitha is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deivid View Post
Hi

well, I suppose that a lot of people know where Saturns Aura comes...
Yep. The Aura comes from the Pontiac G6. Good 'ol American engineered Saturn.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to hasitha's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help hasitha reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
hasitha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 12:56 PM   #113
sixsigma
sixsigma is on a distinguished road

Which came from the Saab, which came from the Malibu Max (or is that backwards), which came from the... hey! What was the first car on this chassis?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to sixsigma's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help sixsigma reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
sixsigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 01:04 PM   #114
Chevy_Rules
Chevy_Rules is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixsigma View Post
Which came from the Saab, which came from the Malibu Max (or is that backwards), which came from the... hey! What was the first car on this chassis?
The first U.S use of the Epsilon platform was the Saab 9-3. Not sure if it was the first vehicle on Epsilon. I think Opel originally developed it. But, not sure.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Chevy_Rules's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Chevy_Rules reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Chevy_Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 01:06 PM   #115
thatjerryguy
thatjerryguy will become famous soon enoughthatjerryguy will become famous soon enough

2002 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Thumbs Up Re: GM Clones Aura, Calls It Chevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixsigma View Post
Methinks the Opel Vectra was the first car to use GMs Epsilon platform, or it may have been the Saab 9 3. If you're talking about the long wheelbase version of Epsilon, that would have been the Opel Signum.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to thatjerryguy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help thatjerryguy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
thatjerryguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 01:10 PM   #116
K-1
Master Member
K-1 is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy_Rules View Post
The first U.S use of the Epsilon platform was the Saab 9-3. Not sure if it was the first vehicle on Epsilon. I think Opel originally developed it. But, not sure.
Saab tweaked the base Epsilon so much that it cannot really be considered the same (a G6 can't be built on the Saab line, for instance). So the first on Epsilon as we know it today was the '04 Malibu, then the Maxx, G6, and AURA.

Toyota: Moving Forward... off a cliff at a high rate of speed.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to K-1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help K-1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
K-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 07:57 PM   #117
Deivid
Deivid is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatjerryguy View Post
Methinks the Opel Vectra was the first car to use GMs Epsilon platform, or it may have been the Saab 9 3. If you're talking about the long wheelbase version of Epsilon, that would have been the Opel Signum.

A little bit more of info about Opel, Saab and the GM platforms (2900 and Epsilon)

I hope it helps.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GM2900_platform
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GM_Epsilon_platform
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opel_Vectra
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saab_900
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saab_9-3
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saturn_L-series
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pontiac_G6

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Deivid's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Deivid reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Deivid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 08:55 PM   #118
Chevy_Rules
Chevy_Rules is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-1 View Post
Saab tweaked the base Epsilon so much that it cannot really be considered the same (a G6 can't be built on the Saab line, for instance). So the first on Epsilon as we know it today was the '04 Malibu, then the Maxx, G6, and AURA.
Yeah, there are 3 versions of Epsilon. U.S, Opel, Saab. They can't be built on each others lines. EPII will be able to though. So an Aura can be built on the 9-3 line, 9-3 on Malibu line, etc.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Chevy_Rules's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Chevy_Rules reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Chevy_Rules is offline   Reply With Quote