SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Aura > Aura General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2009, 01:09 PM   #101
XR524
XR524 is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XR
Default Re: Would You Buy A Saturn - Now ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LotusLord View Post
Why not sell the Cougar on your own?
Bad history. I was in several wrecks and LOTS of repairs. Everything was repaired but that holds a lot of weight for someone looking to buy a used car. The main thing holding me back from selling it myself was the condition of the (auto)tranny. The car had 130k miles and never had any type of transmission work done other than a flush, one time. It slipped out of gear quite a bit. It was driveable but something noticeably wrong. When it would shift from 3rd to 4th, Id have to let of the gas for a second then re apply pressure slowly. It was a tedious job to just drive it. I did think about parting it out and selling parts individually but I dont have time for all that. And I'd have to spend a lot of money on new tools required to do so. PLus I live in an apartment complex with no garage.

On top of that, the kelly bluebook value was just over 4 grand. Like I said, I just needed to cut my losses, and get rid of that neverending money pit! Thank god for my aura! No more car related stress!! I still was pissed that they only offered me 500 bucks for trade-in value. I was expecting around 2k

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to XR524's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help XR524 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
XR524 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links