SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Aura > Aura General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-27-2008, 01:02 PM   #101
sixsigma
sixsigma is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Next Gen Aura put on hold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyP View Post
Facts are the average "Joe car buyer" doesn't consider Saturn as a viable car or SUV option. No amount of advertising will change this. There are a limited number of dealers, and now days time is money, and you want a car that's reliable and has a close dealer. As long as Saturn contines to be sold by just ~400 dealers Saturn's sales will remain a fraction of other divisions.

Now since there's very little unique about Saturn that you can't get at another dealer. i.e. A Malibu is every bit as good of car as an Aura. Why go out of your way to a Saturn dealer?
Dittos to what BobbyP said. We have found the "Saturn Experience" to amount to nothing. We are not treated better than at most dealerships, nothing special about the service, or the buying experience - except the fact that we were able to pay full retail. Would I buy another Saturn? Not if there was a similar Chevy 15 miles closer. If as a Saturn owner I don't see the value in Saturn over a Chevy, how in the world would a non Saturn owner justify the switch? The strangest thing of all to me is that they made the Malibu a nicer car than the Saturn. How can GM think Saturn can be an upscale import fighter when it loses to Chevy - GM's opening price point brand?

I am still confused as to why GM killed Olds and then decided to try to move Saturn from entry level up to the position Olds already had. They had enough dealerships to make it work. Anyhow, I don't see things changing for quite some time. There aren't enough sales to justify even a new midsize sedan for several years, or to add enough dealerships to make the brand viable, but without those things, the brand won't grow. This thing seems to be stuck and going nowhere fast.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to sixsigma's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help sixsigma reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
sixsigma is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links