SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Aura > Aura General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-12-2007, 08:22 PM   #1
Frank's_Aura
Frank's_Aura is on a distinguished road

Default Performance Mods?

Does anyone know of any performance mods for the Aura? I can't seem to find any.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Frank's_Aura's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Frank's_Aura reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Frank's_Aura is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 09-13-2007, 03:10 AM   #2
SteelerXR
SteelerXR will become famous soon enough

2008 AURA XR
2008 Outlook XR
Default Re: Performance Mods?

Such as? Chipping, shocks... what? I'm interested in chipping.

69Mini 70VWKombi 71Datsun1600 72Beetle 76AlfasudSprint 86VWGolfII 93VWJettaIII 91NissanSentra 94VWGolfIII 95VWPoloPlaya 99OpelAstra 01VWBeetle 03VWGolfIVTDi 06VWPassat2.0T 06SubaruTribeca

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SteelerXR's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SteelerXR reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SteelerXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 07:11 AM   #3
cverstij
cverstij is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XR
2008 VUE 3.5L

There's a cold air intake at Doctorspeed.com. It's the one for the Pontiac G6, but good luck getting him to ship it to you. I am still waiting for mine and it's been two months.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to cverstij's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help cverstij reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
cverstij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 07:15 AM   #4
gbech
gbech is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XR

Not much there yet- HP has a power programmer but it is very much a manual calibration device.

Sent emails to the following:

K&N re: Cold Air Intake
Volant: Cold Air Intake
Borla: Catback Exhaust Kit and Headers
Hypertech and Jet Performance programmers

From the looks of it if you are trying to get power out adding the intake will only generate extra juice if you change the engine mapping appropriately.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to gbech's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help gbech reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
gbech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 01:32 PM   #5
Frank's_Aura
Frank's_Aura is on a distinguished road

I'm looking for something, either chip or program adjustment, to give me better Off-the-line acceleration. I have to believe a 3.5 V6 can give me a little better punch.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Frank's_Aura's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Frank's_Aura reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Frank's_Aura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 03:24 PM   #6
Catbert
Catbert is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XR

I'm hoping GHL will develop a catback for it. If they do, I'll post it here.

Don't think Meat, throw the ball. Crash Davis

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Catbert's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Catbert reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Catbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 05:57 PM   #7
SCDYNE
SCDYNE is on a distinguished road

2007 SKY
1997 SC2

You know to be totally honest, not many people want performance upgrades for mid-sized sedans and even less when it comes to Saturns. It's not like the forum can even support a performance Aura category and it requires interest to have products manufactured.
It's the old saying "If you can find 25 people to put money on the table then a product will follow in 60 days.", but there aren't 25 people asking for performance parts for the Aura.

Then you have differing configurations in make and models which lead to an even more dissolved request pool. Yes, if the G6 had the exact same exhaust configuration then it would help a little, but that's YTBD. And if only one engine was offered for the Aura that would help too.

Here is what I suggest:
HPtuners
They have the ability to tune the 3.5 and 3.6 in the Aura. Find a Dyno shop that does HP Tuners tuning and have them squeeze a few extra HP out of the engine. OR purchase it on your own and go to a Dyno.

Headers
Figure out who's on board for making the headers in the attached file and see how far from being a real deal they are. Just be aware that they don't seem to include a catalytic converter from what I'm seeing. Yes, the collector pipe is also part of the set-up, I just didn't attach the image. That's only for the 3.6 engine.

Intake
Saturn Motorsports and G6 Performance have something around. I would lean toward the SMS intake, but even a few hours with some 3" tubing and a little smarts can get the noise level up under the hood. It (DIY) may not make much power, but it will be louder and fun all the same.

exhaust
Track down a local muffler shop to swap out the stock exhaust system for a slightly larger exit to dual mufflers. That's bound to release a few more HP on the engine and sound very nice.

When all is said and done take it to a dyno with HP tuners and you'll be one happy camper.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Assemheader.jpg (8.4 KB, 60 views)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SCDYNE's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SCDYNE reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SCDYNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 06:13 PM   #8
setchell
setchell is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XR

The K&N drop in filter does improve performance and MPG. I have one for sale for $20 shipped. About half price.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to setchell's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help setchell reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
setchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 09:33 AM   #9
cverstij

2007 AURA XR
2008 VUE 3.5L

SCDYNE,

I went to the Saturn Motorsports site, but they don't have an intake for the Aura (unless I am missing something).

As for G6 Performance, been there - done that. The owner (Kyle Monahan) has absolutely NO business sense. I faxed him July 17th to ask about the intake to see if it would fit the AURA and he calls back to tell me yes and he looks forward to my business. After MANY, MANY unanswered emails and telephone calls, I still don't have the intake. He has emailed twice (general email out to all customers) stating that he is behind on orders and to call with questions.....but he doesn't answer his GD phone!!!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help cverstij reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 09-18-2007, 01:20 PM   #10
SCDYNE

2007 SKY
1997 SC2

cverstij,
I may have jumped the gun a little with the availability products, but the point is that stuff is in the works. I can't vouch for G6 performance I just visit the forum and watch what's going on, but I can assure you that SMS is working on getting intakes.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help SCDYNE reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 09-18-2007, 05:50 PM   #11
bulld0g
bulld0g is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCDYNE View Post
cverstij,
I may have jumped the gun a little with the availability products, but the point is that stuff is in the works. I can't vouch for G6 performance I just visit the forum and watch what's going on, but I can assure you that SMS is working on getting intakes.
Fujita used my XR to prototype an intake for saturnmotorsports.com but there wasn't enough gain for them to produce it.....

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bulld0g's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bulld0g reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
bulld0g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 05:18 PM   #12
jerrodmann
jerrodmann is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCDYNE View Post
You know to be totally honest, not many people want performance upgrades for mid-sized sedans and even less when it comes to Saturns. It's not like the forum can even support a performance Aura category and it requires interest to have products manufactured.
It's the old saying "If you can find 25 people to put money on the table then a product will follow in 60 days.", but there aren't 25 people asking for performance parts for the Aura.

Then you have differing configurations in make and models which lead to an even more dissolved request pool. Yes, if the G6 had the exact same exhaust configuration then it would help a little, but that's YTBD. And if only one engine was offered for the Aura that would help too.

Here is what I suggest:
HPtuners
They have the ability to tune the 3.5 and 3.6 in the Aura. Find a Dyno shop that does HP Tuners tuning and have them squeeze a few extra HP out of the engine. OR purchase it on your own and go to a Dyno.

Headers
Figure out who's on board for making the headers in the attached file and see how far from being a real deal they are. Just be aware that they don't seem to include a catalytic converter from what I'm seeing. Yes, the collector pipe is also part of the set-up, I just didn't attach the image. That's only for the 3.6 engine.

Intake
Saturn Motorsports and G6 Performance have something around. I would lean toward the SMS intake, but even a few hours with some 3" tubing and a little smarts can get the noise level up under the hood. It (DIY) may not make much power, but it will be louder and fun all the same.

exhaust
Track down a local muffler shop to swap out the stock exhaust system for a slightly larger exit to dual mufflers. That's bound to release a few more HP on the engine and sound very nice.

When all is said and done take it to a dyno with HP tuners and you'll be one happy camper.
I am a G6 GTP 3.6 owner and I was wondering if I could see more pictures of the headers and anymore information u have on them.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to jerrodmann's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help jerrodmann reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
jerrodmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 06:33 PM   #13
Gravana1
Gravana1 is on a distinguished road

2006 ION Red Line
2006 VUE Red Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank's_Aura View Post
Does anyone know of any performance mods for the Aura? I can't seem to find any.
www.gravanatuning.com

We are building Saturn's SEMA Aura Project Vehicle this year and we expect to have even more parts coming shortly after the first of the year.

Jim

WIDEST_Selection of Saturn_Parts & Accessories_With Low-Price-Match Guarantee!

info@gravanatuning.com

www.gravanatuning.com

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Gravana1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Gravana1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Gravana1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 07:20 PM   #14
bulld0g

2007 AURA XR

can't wait to see what you have in the works.....

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help bulld0g reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-18-2007, 08:48 PM   #15
jerrodmann
jerrodmann is on a distinguished road

is there any update on this? Us G6 owners are getting ansy......

2007 Pontiac G6 GTP
Black/Black Sedan

Saturn Aura* Cold Air Intake:
http://www.saturnfans.com/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=1608

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to jerrodmann's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help jerrodmann reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
jerrodmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 11:59 AM   #16
reno97
reno97 is on a distinguished road

I talked to a sales person today at a local Saturn dealership while my car was getting serviced. He told me that the 08 XE has improved acceleration compared to the 07s. Is this true?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to reno97's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help reno97 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
reno97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 04:27 PM   #17
cverstij

2007 AURA XR
2008 VUE 3.5L

Hey Jerrodman,

Why don't you go to that little baztard, Dr. Speed? Over on his forum, you would think he had a long beard, white robe, and sandals.

Not knocking on you, just wondering if he has pizzed off any more customers.

The Gravana intake is due out late 1st quarter 2008, but no price has been published. Should be pretty sweet!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 10-21-2007, 10:41 PM   #18
Jimmy No
Jimmy No is on a distinguished road

Well since HP seems to be a no go issue with the Aura in regards to mods how about suspension, breaks, and other handling mods. I own an 07 Aura XE and would like to work on the handling aspect.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Jimmy No's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Jimmy No reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Jimmy No is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 04:23 PM   #19
SCDYNE

2007 SKY
1997 SC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy No View Post
Well since HP seems to be a no go issue with the Aura in regards to mods how about suspension, breaks, and other handling mods. I own an 07 Aura XE and would like to work on the handling aspect.
Improper design and implementation of performance parts on the Aura results in no performance gains. However the correct hardware FLAT out results in performance gains. Once all the ho-hum from SEMA has calmed down, you'll begin to see parts that make HP released to the market.
Nothing else - HP Tuners can make more power so by that FACT freeing up a restrictive exhaust and/or providing a better breathing filter will produce more HP.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 10-23-2007, 05:51 PM   #20
bulld0g

2007 AURA XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy No View Post
Eibach has lowering springs available now....I have had them on my Aura for over 6 months now with no issues the ride is great and looks more agressive...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!