SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Aura > Aura General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-22-2006, 06:32 PM   #161
sixsigma
sixsigma is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Thoughts on Cost Cutting Interior

Let it go that people think that GM "continues to gain market share"? You are right. Hard to argue against such logical thought processes and facts.

One question to those of you so indignant... how many of you have Driven the 07 Camry or the 07 Accord? Not seen pictures, not looked at specs, but have driven the cars? If you have not, perhaps you should stop comparing the Aura to other GM cars.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to sixsigma's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help sixsigma reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
sixsigma is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 11-22-2006, 06:36 PM   #162
hugh
hugh will become famous soon enough

I was at my dealer today and was told that they had just received an XR with a trim mismatch of over 1/4 inch on one side and 3/8 on the other. The car is in their storage lot at the moment as they do not want it on display.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to hugh's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help hugh reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 06:40 PM   #163
SKYGUY10066
SKYGUY10066 is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixsigma
Let it go that people think that GM "continues to gain market share"? You are right. Hard to argue against such logical thought processes and facts.

One question to those of you so indignant... how many of you have Driven the 07 Camry or the 07 Accord? Not seen pictures, not looked at specs, but have driven the cars? If you have not, perhaps you should stop comparing the Aura to other GM cars.
I have driven and work for a dealer principal who own the import contenders, there are pluses and minisus on each but it slants twords the Aura hands down. As a matter of fact I have a 2006 Accord here from trade on an Aura. I am not firing off blinded.
We know better than that...."student of the game"

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SKYGUY10066's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SKYGUY10066 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SKYGUY10066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 06:58 PM   #164
Chevy_Rules
Chevy_Rules is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XR

Quote:

Listen, I think it would be better for you to leave this forum. As already stated, you're not going to convince any us that we were stupid for buying the Aura since it isn't up to par with the Camry. Fact is, it is. It is the most competitive GM vehicle GM has had in a long time. Is it still missing some things? yes. But it doesn't mean it is subpar to the competition. Besides 2 of your complaints, they are lack of features. And the only valid one is the no nav and lockable glovebox. The rest the Camry doesn't have. That is why I looked up the specs. Once again, I will have to wait until I go to my local car show to look at the Camry to see if it has fake stitching, the armrest is solid, and that the center stack "wobbles". BTW, mine doesn't. And the trim pieces on the door line up perfectly.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Chevy_Rules's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Chevy_Rules reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Chevy_Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 07:00 PM   #165
saturn_69
Master Member
saturn_69 will become famous soon enough

Quote:

Who said that GM is gaining market share? I didn't. GM is currently #1 in GLOBAL sales, as in the whole planet. We aren't indignant, we're just tired of being portrayed as stupid or uninformed just because we like the way a certain car looks. That's what we're saying needs to be gotten over. Fine, you think the Camry is way better than the Aura as far as the interior goes. Cool. I can respect your opinion. I don't like the way the Camry looks inside compared to the Aura. That's my opinion, you've already shown you have no respect for it. I think the Accord looks nice inside, the Altima looks cheap, the Galant looks dated, the Sebring is just wrong....why can't I like the way the Aura looks? And by admitting that I do, does that make you a better, more intelligent person than I am simply because you think the Camry is better?

"That government is best which governs not at all; and when men are prepared for it, that will be the kind of government which they will have" - H.D. Thoreau

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to saturn_69's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help saturn_69 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
saturn_69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 07:03 PM   #166
saturn_69
Master Member
saturn_69 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy_Rules
Listen, I think it would be better for you to leave this forum. As already stated, you're not going to convince any us that we were stupid for buying the Aura since it isn't up to par with the Camry. Fact is, it is. It is the most competitive GM vehicle GM has had in a long time. Is it still missing some things? yes. But it doesn't mean it is subpar to the competition. Besides 2 of your complaints, they are lack of features. And the only valid one is the no nav and lockable glovebox. The rest the Camry doesn't have. That is why I looked up the specs. Once again, I will have to wait until I go to my local car show to look at the Camry to see if it has fake stitching, the armrest is solid, and that the center stack "wobbles". BTW, mine doesn't. And the trim pieces on the door line up perfectly.
He sounds like he was just regurgitating the crap the autorags said. And contrary to his statement, he came here to piss people off. Anytime someone said they like the Aura, he'd pretty much call 'em stupid and go on and on about the Camry.

"That government is best which governs not at all; and when men are prepared for it, that will be the kind of government which they will have" - H.D. Thoreau

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to saturn_69's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help saturn_69 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
saturn_69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 07:07 PM   #167
SKYGUY10066
SKYGUY10066 is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturn_69
He sounds like he was just regurgitating the crap the autorags said. And contrary to his statement, he came here to piss people off. Anytime someone said they like the Aura, he'd pretty much call 'em stupid and go on and on about the Camry.
I am willing to bet he has fishbreath

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SKYGUY10066's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SKYGUY10066 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SKYGUY10066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 07:13 PM   #168
Jonathan-1
Jonathan-1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:

While I am not one of the "indignant", I am somewhat amused at your assumptions about other peoples opinions and your place in the universe .

To be clear: I know that there are more "luxurious" vehicles out there. If I had wanted one of those, I would have bought it. I know there are "sportier" vehicles out there that will appeal to tweakers and mod-freaks. More power to them. We all have our obsessions and passions.

Years ago, my friends thought I was nuts when I told them that I preferred the more "austere and functional" interiors of the European sedans over the plush and glitzy interiors of some of the high end luxury beasts (like some of the Cadillacs and Lincolns).

Are there variations in fit and finish between different Auras, obviously yes. Mine seems perfect (without reaching for a micrometer).

Last thought about GM vs everyone. GM has an additional challenge that the other cars do not face. Their retirement and benefits package for employees adds something on the order of $1800 to the cost of each car above and beyond the costs for other manufacturers. Considering that in spite of this, they have provided a vehicle with such excellent value, I am quite impressed.

Feel free to obsess over details that are unimportant to many people. I value the solid construction of the chassis, suspension and drive train. The balance of comfort, performance and handling is just my cup of tea. You are not required to feel the same way, just please try not to feel indignant over my difference of opinion.

Best regards,
Jonathan-1

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Jonathan-1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Jonathan-1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Jonathan-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 07:15 PM   #169
setchell
setchell is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturn_69
Fine, you think the Camry is way better than the Aura as far as the interior goes. Cool. I can respect your opinion. I don't like the way the Camry looks inside compared to the Aura. That's my opinion, you've already shown you have no respect for it. I think the Accord looks nice inside, the Altima looks cheap, the Galant looks dated, the Sebring is just wrong....why can't I like the way the Aura looks? And by admitting that I do, does that make you a better, more intelligent person than I am simply because you think the Camry is better?
Wow, couldn't have said it better and I agree car by car! Good analysis!!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to setchell's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help setchell reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
setchell is offline   Reply With Quote