SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Aura > Aura General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-10-2006, 03:40 PM   #101
spencerb
Master Member
spencerb will become famous soon enoughspencerb will become famous soon enough

2008 Astra XR
Default Re: Aura news

If anyone attending the NY auto show makes a fuss about the loss of polymer panels, they'll be laughed out of the room. If anyones complains that it looks like an Opel, they'll get the "who cares?" look.

The Aura is an amazing car, and the public and auto press will be drooling over it. What's not to like? It has stunning styling, two great class-leading powertrains, and a competative price. For its market, it meets or beats the competition.

What I would have liked was for Saturn to introduce not only the base Aura, but the Green Line and Red Lines as well, and announce that all versions would be available at the start of production. It would be the ultimate slap in the face to the competition!

I'm very excited about the "new" Saturn. I think the public will be very receptive to the new lineup, and sales will prove it.

But I have one simple request: Saturn, don't risk your future with quality issues!

2008 BMW 328i
2013 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited

Past Saturns: 97 SL2, 01 SC2, 04 VUE, 08 Astra, 02 L200.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to spencerb's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help spencerb reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
spencerb is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 04-10-2006, 04:17 PM   #102
VTHokie00SL2
Master Member
VTHokie00SL2 will become famous soon enoughVTHokie00SL2 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by spencerb
If anyone attending the NY auto show makes a fuss about the loss of polymer panels, they'll be laughed out of the room.
I don't see why, but even if that's true, I don't care. I'd still rather have body panels that won't be full of dings after a couple of years.

Quote:
If anyones complains that it looks like an Opel, they'll get the "who cares?" look.
How many of you would've been looking for "Opelfans.com" had GM not started rebadging them as Saturns? I find it amusing that so many of you will get excited over any random car if they put a Saturn label on it, nevermind the fact that all of the original reasons for being a fan of Saturn are now gone.

Quote:
What's not to like?
I hate the headlights, the angular looking front end, and the profile looks very uninspiring to me. It basically looks like a Dodge Stratus with an ugly grille and oversized headlights. But to each his own.

Quote:
I'm very excited about the "new" Saturn. I think the public will be very receptive to the new lineup, and sales will prove it.
That may well be true. But I'll always miss the real Saturn.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to VTHokie00SL2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help VTHokie00SL2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
VTHokie00SL2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 04:30 PM   #103
cdp326
Master Member
cdp326 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokie00SL2
How many of you would've been looking for "Opelfans.com" had GM not started rebadging them as Saturns? I find it amusing that so many of you will get excited over any random car if they put a Saturn label on it, nevermind the fact that all of the original reasons for being a fan of Saturn are now gone.
Not fair--those are your original reasons for being a fan. The Aura is much more than a random car with a Saturn label. This was already described above, but looks like you just chose to ignore it.

Quote:
That may well be true. But I'll always miss the real Saturn.
Again, not fair. It's what you think makes a "real Saturn." But, your idea of a "real Saturn" didn't sell. You don't represent the entire car buying public, get over it.

"It's a car. We've invented the Pontiac Aztek."

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to cdp326's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help cdp326 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
cdp326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 04:38 PM   #104
VTHokie00SL2
Master Member
VTHokie00SL2 will become famous soon enoughVTHokie00SL2 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdp326
Again, not fair. It's what you think makes a "real Saturn." But, your idea of a "real Saturn" didn't sell. You don't represent the entire car buying public, get over it.
I don't get why so many Americans are willing to spend outrageous amounts of money on crap in a time of outsourcing, massive layoffs, stagnant salaries, skyrocketing cost of living and a declining middle class quality of life. I wish more of the buying public did care about more than just shiny paint and 0 - 60 times. But oh well, what can you do? I just wish GM or one of the other automakers would still offer the choice to people like me.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help VTHokie00SL2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 04-10-2006, 04:39 PM   #105
spencerb
Master Member

2008 Astra XR

Quote:
I find it amusing that so many of you will get excited over any random car if they put a Saturn label on it, nevermind the fact that all of the original reasons for being a fan of Saturn are now gone.

...But I'll always miss the real Saturn.
Any random car? I'm looking for some excitement over the ION, L-series, and Relay... Wait, I think I found... Nope, sorry, can't find any.

I bet you still can't get over your high school girlfriend cause she was a pro at making those to-die-for friendship bracelets. Sorry bud, but it's time to move on. Life changes. Cars change. If you can't accept it, then just sit back and watch while the rest of us enjoy ourselves. We're having our party with the new Saturns while you sit at home watching Brady Bunch reruns while writing a letter to the networks complaining that these new shows like Friends just don't cut it.

Oops, am I going to be in trouble for feeding the animals?

2008 BMW 328i

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help spencerb reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 04-10-2006, 04:44 PM   #106
VTHokie00SL2
Master Member

Quote:
Any random car? I'm looking for some excitement over the ION, L-series, and Relay... Wait, I think I found... Nope, sorry, can't find any.
Nope, the magic died before any of those cars. The S Series was the model that built the loyalty that enabled Saturn to survive this long, despite the mediocre products over the last few years.

The way I see it, GM is saying, let's screw our customers because they'll buy whatever we try to sell them, and we can save a few bucks. Consumers have some of the power in determining how products change, if they demand a better product. But obviously most people don't care about things like long term durability, as long as the car looks shiny sitting in a showroom. And hey, might as well trade the car in every 3 years anyway, because saving money is so last generation, and we all want to live in debt!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 04-10-2006, 04:55 PM   #107
spencerb
Master Member

2008 Astra XR

I don't know what you are talking about. I don't think you do either. People are obviously not buying "whatever [GM] tries to sell them," because sales are in the tank. Comsumers demanded a better product, hence the Aura, etc. And long-term durability is very important to consumers, that's why GM is working hard to improve their quality.

Quote:
But obviously most people don't care about things like long term durability, as long as the car looks shiny sitting in a showroom. And hey, might as well trade the car in every 3 years anyway, because saving money is so last generation, and we all want to live in debt!
What moron would trade in their car because of a door ding?

2008 BMW 328i

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 04-10-2006, 04:58 PM   #108
VTHokie00SL2
Master Member

Quote:
What moron would trade in their car because of a door ding?
It seems that many people trade in perfectly good cars after a couple of years simply because they want a new car, and don't mind throwing money away. So, I'm just saying that if they're going to do that anyway, they won't even care about door dings, as they don't plan on having the car for 5 or 8 or 10 years.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 04-10-2006, 05:04 PM   #109
Tupperwaresales
Tupperwaresales is on a distinguished road

Those people are what I call "Perfect Lease Candidates" I love those people!!

Beer is proof that god loves us- Ben Franklin

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Tupperwaresales's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Tupperwaresales reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Tupperwaresales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 05:19 PM   #110
Uzzy
Master Member
Uzzy has a spectacular aura aboutUzzy has a spectacular aura about

2002 SC1
2005 VUE 2.2L

Quote:
I hate the headlights, the angular looking front end, and the profile looks very uninspiring to me. It basically looks like a Dodge Stratus with an ugly grille and oversized headlights. But to each his own.
Funny you should say that actually. I saw a 'camoed, and covered' '08 Dodge Stratus driving down Woodward ave in Detroit today. Although it was heavily covered I could make out it was the new Dodge mid-size. But the first thing that popped in my head was "Is that an AURA?" But it wasn't. It's going to be interesting to see how alike thay are going to look.

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
If your ECTS is not brass...your ass is grass.
If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire Uzzy.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Uzzy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Uzzy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Uzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 05:54 AM   #111
VTHokie00SL2
Master Member

I will say this. The interior looks nice enough. But both the Outlook and Aura look very "me too". They don't really bring anything new to the table, and I still get the impression that GM is just trying to copy the imports and is always one step behind. Also, the resemblance between the G6 and Aura is unmistakeable, despite the styling differences. I don't understand why GM still has so much redundancy, and I could see fewer divisions in its future.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!