SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Aura > Aura General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2005, 11:53 AM   #201
saturn_69
Master Member
saturn_69 will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Saturn Aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHOKIE97SL2
Sure, there's overlap between a fully loaded economy car and a bare bones midsize, but show me were else you can get a fully loaded car with xenon lights and a nav system for under $24k!
2005 Mini Cooper base price $16,950. Xenon lights and nav system total $2450 for a total of $19,950, including transportation costs of $550. The Mini comes with power everything, A/C, etc. Even with leather and auto A/C, it is still less than the Mazda 3. And it gets 37mpg on the highway, has more airbags and more standard features than the Mazda 3 and better resale (it's a BMW after all). Prices are from current NADA Guide, tried to post the link but it reverted back to the point where you had to input everything again.

"That government is best which governs not at all; and when men are prepared for it, that will be the kind of government which they will have" - H.D. Thoreau

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to saturn_69's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help saturn_69 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-2005, 12:04 PM   #202
VTHokie00SL2
Master Member
VTHokie00SL2 will become famous soon enoughVTHokie00SL2 will become famous soon enough

Nice! The Mini Cooper isn't really my style, but that's pretty good! Are you sure about the more airbags thing, though? The Mazda 3 has both side curtains and lower side airbags.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to VTHokie00SL2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help VTHokie00SL2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 01-18-2005, 12:25 PM   #203
saturn_69
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHOKIE97SL2
Nice! The Mini Cooper isn't really my style, but that's pretty good! Are you sure about the more airbags thing, though? The Mazda 3 has both side curtains and lower side airbags.
Okay, they have the same number of airbags. I'd love to have a MINI Cooper! I think they are cool, like being in a really comfy go-kart. How much room do I need to haul my butt to work? I could take the kids on long trips in my L200 and use a Mini as my 'grocery-getter' and get to work car. There are just too many choices out there!

"That government is best which governs not at all; and when men are prepared for it, that will be the kind of government which they will have" - H.D. Thoreau

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help saturn_69 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 01-18-2005, 04:51 PM   #204
cdp326
Master Member
cdp326 is on a distinguished road

The Mini has more standard airbags.

Let's start talking about the SATURN AURA again, okay?

"It's a car. We've invented the Pontiac Aztek."

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to cdp326's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help cdp326 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 01-18-2005, 08:17 PM   #205
GR898SL2
Master Member
GR898SL2 will become famous soon enoughGR898SL2 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdp326

Cheersandgears.com has mentioned that GM is considering a Red Line version of the Aura. Just do it already, GM! I would expect the company that made the CTS-V not to get cold feet if they're serious about turning Saturn around and making money. If the AURA Red Line has 300+ hp, limited slip differential, a 6-speed stick and can be had for around $32K, it would be a steal!

No more Saturns! :(
'11 & '15 Subaru Forester; '15 Nissan Altima

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to GR898SL2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help GR898SL2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 01-19-2005, 01:25 AM   #206
FL ION BY
FL ION BY is on a distinguished road

2005 ION-3 Quad Coupe

I am very impressed with the styling of this car. Saturn needs to turn out a flawless design with no glitches, and this car will be well received. The look is there, now lets hope they can produce this car with the level of refinement needed to grab buyers from otherwise buying foreign. Maybe Saturn's initial intent is reborn afterall? This could be the big leap forward for Saturn.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to FL ION BY's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help FL ION BY reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 01-19-2005, 10:43 AM   #207
saturn_69
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdp326
The Mini has more standard airbags.

Sorry, just trying to defend the Aura and got a little sidetracked. Your'e right....back to the Aura.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 01-19-2005, 10:54 AM   #208
saturn_69
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL ION BY
I am very impressed with the styling of this car. Saturn needs to turn out a flawless design with no glitches, and this car will be well received. The look is there, now lets hope they can produce this car with the level of refinement needed to grab buyers from otherwise buying foreign. Maybe Saturn's initial intent is reborn afterall? This could be the big leap forward for Saturn.
Shouldn't be a problem since Chevy, Pontiac and Saab have been the guinea pigs this time around. All the chassis flaws should be worked out as well as the electrical glitches. The engine has been proven in the CTS, so the only ? remaining is the six speed auto. The styling is beautiful, inside and out. I'd expect some minor detail changes, but the design is set. I think it's a hot enough car to knock ToyoHonda back as far as looks go, and with a Cadillac drivetrain, it should prove to be reliable as well.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 01-19-2005, 01:01 PM   #209
sstar
sstar is just really nicesstar is just really nicesstar is just really nicesstar is just really nicesstar is just really nice

2002 L-Series 2.2L Wagon

I think this car deserves a more sophisticated front end. With those headlights, that can't happen. I would seriously consider it even though.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to sstar's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help sstar reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Closed Thread