SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Aura > Aura General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-08-2019, 09:21 PM   #1
JimRice
JimRice is on a distinguished road

2008 AURA XR
Default Tramlining and best tires for XR?

So, I've been driving the Aura into the office this week. I've noticed an uncomfortable tendency for ridges in the pavement to drag the car along with them. I've done some research and the term "tramlining" is coming up, where the ridges in a road drag you along their path. The car has the same tires as original, Goodyear Eagle LS2, made in 2013. Is this typical of the tires or the car? Is there a tire that plays better with the car?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to JimRice's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help JimRice reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
JimRice is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 08-09-2019, 01:53 AM   #2
TBear
TBear will become famous soon enough

2007 AURA XR
2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Idea Re: Tramlining and best tires for XR?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRice View Post
So, I've been driving the Aura into the office this week. I've noticed an uncomfortable tendency for ridges in the pavement to drag the car along with them. I've done some research and the term "tramlining" is coming up, where the ridges in a road drag you along their path. The car has the same tires as original, Goodyear Eagle LS2, made in 2013. Is this typical of the tires or the car? Is there a tire that plays better with the car?

I also run my Aura XR on the factory-specified tires, and had a "better-than-average" experience with them, with respect to longevity.
  • ]1st set got 73,000 miles
  • 2nd set got 98,000 miles
  • 3rd set is in use; and the car has 207,xxx miles on it... They've STILL got good tread life.

Wet traction has been my only sufferage; however in Southern California, the car doesn't see much rain/snow. You probably see much much more wetness.
Tracking, on these LSēs seems about average..

If you elect to change to a different model (or brand) of tire, keep in mind that the car is designed to use a tire which turns 777 revolutions per mile.

Good luck. I wish you many miles of happy motoring in your Aura.
I hope this helps.

Last edited by TBear; 08-09-2019 at 01:54 AM.. Reason: typo

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to TBear's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help TBear reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
TBear is offline   Reply With Quote