SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-26-2005, 04:31 PM   #1
jonno
jonno is on a distinguished road

Default Forum Search & Plastic Clips

Hi Folks,

Couple of newbie questions I hope someone can help me out with.

1. I can't seem to find a search capability for this forum. Surely there is a way for me to find the answers to my questions which have probably been answered a thousand times.

2. Didn't know where to post this but I am wondering what is the best method of removing those plastic clips which hold pretty much every piece of plastic together on my "95 SL. Should I be scared of breaking them? I am trying to remove the wheel splash guard pieces.

3. I am also trying to replace my blown rear speaker but I can't figure out how to get the speaker cover off without ruining the rear sheld carpet.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Jonno.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to jonno's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help jonno reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
jonno is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 06-26-2005, 05:02 PM   #2
Dimundave911
Dimundave911 is on a distinguished road

2002 SC2
1998 SC1
Default Re: Forum Search & Plastic Clips

1. look right above your post there is a button that says search. Go to the bottom right of the screen and jump to the search page. not hard.

2. On the wheel splash guard thos plastic push pins, I think they are two pieces. you pull it out half way and then pull the other half out. kinda hard to explain.

3. Those plastic things that hold your carpet down on the rear near your speakers, just keep pulling on the, they can be a pain.

Dave

2002 SC2

"Did you ever Dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?"

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Dimundave911's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Dimundave911 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Dimundave911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 06:40 PM   #3
jonno

Ok so I'm apparently blind (plus I expected the search to be located on the main forum page). Thanks for the help Dimundave911.

Re 2. The clips are two pieces like you said. Their is a sleeve and a pin that goes in the middle. I fear breaking the things if I pull too hard on them.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help jonno reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-26-2005, 09:39 PM   #4
Low Saturn
Low Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to behold

2000 SC2

To get the rear speakers out, remove the "C" pillar moulding on one side. Unclip the plastic surround thats goes around the seatbelt before it goes into the carpet on the rear package shelf. Then pull the carpet out. From there the fasteners that hold the rear speakers in place will be visable.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Low Saturn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Low Saturn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Low Saturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 11:08 AM   #5
oneharbour78
oneharbour78 is on a distinguished road

1995 SL2

About the 2 piece plastic fasteners- I usually just take a screwdriver and pry out the middle, then the outside part. Don't worry about breaking them- they are difficult to break, but you can get more at the auto parts store, or just use zip ties in their place. I think I lost far more than I broke...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to oneharbour78's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help oneharbour78 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
oneharbour78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 12:00 PM   #6
Da_Rockwilder12
Da_Rockwilder12 is on a distinguished road

2005 ION Red Line
1993 SC2

Don't worry about breaking the plastic clips. I broke all of mine but one before I realized that you have to take out the center part before you pull out the whole thing. I had to pull really hard before they did break. It wasn't a big deal, I just went to the auto parts store with my broken ones and got some more just like them. They were really cheap.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Da_Rockwilder12's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Da_Rockwilder12 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Da_Rockwilder12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 03:58 PM   #7
jonno

Ok thanks for the replies. I pulled a few of the clips out at lunch so I think I'm good there.

I'm a bit confused about the speakers. I can't get the plastic cover off the speaker. The cover is attached to the carpet with a clip that doesn't look like it's gonna come of without ripping a hole in the carpet. I'll take a picture from below & post it tonight.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 06-27-2005, 04:18 PM   #8
Low Saturn
Low Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to behold

2000 SC2

You dont remove the cover, you remove the entire "carpet". Only in 1991 and 1992 were the covers removable. Starting in 1993 they were attached to the "carpet".

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Low Saturn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-27-2005, 04:30 PM   #9
jonno

Ahhhhhh. Cool. I'll see how I get on tonight.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 06-27-2005, 08:09 PM   #10
jonno

Got the carpet off no problem. Thanks Low Staurn.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 06-27-2005, 09:14 PM   #11
Low Saturn

2000 SC2

Glad I could help..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 07-01-2005, 09:13 AM   #12
itsmesillybubba
itsmesillybubba is on a distinguished road

2006 ION-3 Quad Coupe

Nice...I am doing the same thing right now.....Glad I found this thread.....I should take my camera out

Friendship is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it, but only you can feel the true warmth.
My 95 SL1 is gone :(

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to itsmesillybubba's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help itsmesillybubba reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
itsmesillybubba is offline   Reply With Quote