SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Site Information > Community Center
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2002, 03:36 PM   #21
92saturnsl2
Advanced Member
92saturnsl2 is on a distinguished road

I'm all for it as well. I don't visit the Gen Discussion board very often for that exact reason. It's just a mix and match forum of just about everything under the sun. The model specific forums would definately help.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 92saturnsl2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 92saturnsl2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 10-26-2002, 08:00 PM   #22
Bar(long a)
Bar(long a) is on a distinguished road

Cool

Way cool, Charlie.

I think it will fly just fine. There are many of us who will enjoy the model specific forum as most of us buy a specific model for a reason.

Keep up the great work Charlie, you da man!

Damn fall allergies

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Bar(long a)'s Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Bar(long a) reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-27-2002, 07:16 AM   #23
Scratch1SL
Scratch1SL is on a distinguished road

I really like the idea Charlie, this is a superb board and it just keeps on evolving. As a newcomer I just want to say hats off to all who bring thoughtful and even at times funny if not sligthly twisted reflections hehehe!!!!!!

I'm happy to be a part of this board and in a larger way... the Saturn Family. I still believe in Saturn and I'm convinced that the Brand will grow and attract new buyers... and for my wildest dreams... I would love to see Saturn expand it's manufacturing into the Great White North!!!!!! Our factories have a proven track record as far as quality is concerned. Now that would be the ultimate!!!!!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Scratch1SL's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Scratch1SL reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-27-2002, 08:25 AM   #24
skyhawk53
skyhawk53 is on a distinguished road

Happy Time is sometimes the problem

Your idea sounds good to me. Sounds like we will be able to go right to our interests.

Happy Wrenching,
skyhawk53

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to skyhawk53's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help skyhawk53 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-27-2002, 09:21 AM   #25
Charlie
Administrator
Charlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to behold

2008 Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
Happy Thank you all for the feedback!

Thanks everyone for your feedback and kind words. I've been reading and taking notes on all the posts, PMs, and e-mails I've received about the new model-specific forum setup. Right now, I'm trying to incorporate as many of your suggestions in the new design. I may delay the official opening of the upgraded forums for another week or two, because I've got some new features that I want to test a little longer.

Thank you again for all your ideas and suggestions!

Charlie

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Charlie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Charlie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-28-2002, 03:31 PM   #26
Meridian
Meridian is on a distinguished road

I think this forum is great. I am new to the board but have been reading the posts for a few months.... Great work Charlie!!!!!!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Meridian's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Meridian reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-28-2002, 09:34 PM   #27
McSaturn
McSaturn is on a distinguished road

As this is THE BEST site on the WWW, I'd say if its your idea....its a good one!

This site ROCKS!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to McSaturn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help McSaturn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 11-13-2002, 10:59 PM   #28
Russ Bellinis
Russ Bellinis is on a distinguished road

Why is the ION forum separate from the catagories? I would have thought the model specific forums would just be separate catagories.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Russ Bellinis's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Russ Bellinis reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 11-15-2002, 01:31 PM   #29
jmatero
Advanced Member
jmatero is on a distinguished road

As a current VW owner, check out the VW forums at VWvortex.com

That's a great model for a site like this.

ION
VUE
L-Series
S-Series

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to jmatero's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help jmatero reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 11-28-2002, 08:21 PM   #30
JanCan
JanCan is on a distinguished road

2002 L-Series 3.0L Wagon

Let me add my "yes" to more forum categories.
I notice that if thread hasn't had a response in a while, it soon gets pushed down to the next page and forgotten.
If you have more categories (a whole page would be nice) this would split up the number of threads per forum, and threads wouldn't be pushed down so fast.
Geez, that reads badly, but I hope you know what I mean.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to JanCan's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help JanCan reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 12-10-2002, 11:43 PM   #31
SQVue
Advanced Member
SQVue is on a distinguished road

waiting for vue forum....

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SQVue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SQVue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 12-21-2002, 10:59 PM   #32
Charlie
Administrator
Charlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to behold

2008 Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
Arrow Work in Progress

Quote:
Originally posted by madbeatz
waiting for vue forum....
Done! The VUE and L-Series Forums are now online. More changes are on the way!

Charlie

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Charlie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 12-22-2002, 02:23 AM   #33
Charlie
Administrator

2008 Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
Default Still in Progress

FYI, the upgrade is still in progress... during this time, some features you have seen in the past may not work correctly right now. I will fix everything as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance for your patience!

Charlie

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 12-24-2002, 10:15 AM   #34
gaf3
gaf3 is on a distinguished road

Thumbs Down

I guess I have to be a spoil sport. This makes it harder for me to find things because I have to search two forums. It's also more difficult to keep track of where discussions were. But then, I've long been spoiled by the Delphi (Prospero) system, which is far more powerful than most other bulletin board systems around.

I think that one improvement that needs to be added is a direct link from the saturnfans home page to the model specific forums. Right now, that takes me several more steps, going through the general forum first.

Of course, I'm going to be outvoted, so I won't hold it against anyone (nor should this be taken as a lack of appreciation for the hard work that has gone into making this a great set of forums).

Gary

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to gaf3's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help gaf3 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Closed Thread