what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back Forums > Site Information > Community Center
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-15-2002, 06:40 AM   #1
Charlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to behold

2008 Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
Attention Changes & the New ION Forum

As some of you may have noticed, I've been making modifications to both the SaturnFans message board skin and to the database structure during the past few weeks. To date most of the changes have been transparent, however beginning today, changes will become more visible. Over the next two weeks you will be seeing a number of changes -- which I hope you will see as improvements -- made to the SaturnFans Forums. These are being made in preparation for a new type of community that I plan to have ready to open in the beginning of November.

One of the first visible changes was the creation of the new ION Forum. This was done for two reasons: (1) it will help me set the stage for the next big addition coming to SaturnFans, and (2) it was based on e-mail feedback I've received from visitors and members who wanted a model-specific community where topics wouldn't get buried by threads in the popular General Discussion forum.

Please remember that while the changes may seem out of place today, I think they will make more sense in November. Even with model-specific forums, the General Discussion board will remain for Saturn topics relating to the company and your owner experiences. I understand that there are advantages and disadvantages for both model-specific and one consolidated "general" forum. I hope to be able to balance the pros and cons of each as best I can. For instance, for those members who prefer the current setup, one improvement I'm working on is a one-click search feature that will simulate the look and feel of the General Discussion board. This way visitors can get the same information without have to visit each model-specific forum. At the same time, topics will be more categorized for easier browsing.

Before creating separate forums for each Saturn model, I thought it would be a good idea to test visitor reaction to the change.

PS. Please post all ION-related topics in the ION Forum...

Add to Charlie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Charlie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Charlie is offline Sponsored Links