SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-2007, 11:58 AM   #1
jedi1205
jedi1205 is on a distinguished road

Default No reverse lights...

Hi, I have a 1994 SL2 w/ an AT and the reverse lights don't work. I checked the 2 bulbs & they checked out OK. I checked the fuse & it was blown. I put a new fuse in & replaced the lights with new ones & they worked. Screwed the taillights back in & the reverse lights still worked, but when I started the car & put it in reverse the fuse blew again? Can anyone please help me. I would greatly appreciate it! Thank you all for your time.
Greg

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to jedi1205's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help jedi1205 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
jedi1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-2007, 02:18 PM   #2
madpogue
madpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud of

1996 SW2
Default Re: No reverse lights...

Welcome. So the reverse lights work with the key in RUN, the tranny selector in R, but the engine not yet started? And starting the engine blows the fuse?

Okay, one other test to try -- put the tranny back in Park, install a fresh fuse, start the engine and shut it off again, all WITHOUT shifting into R. THEN check the fuse, and let us know the results.

BTW, you might want to start a new thread in our "S-Series General" or "S-Series Tech" section (but only one place; cross-posting is icky).

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to madpogue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help madpogue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
madpogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 02:42 PM   #3
jedi1205
jedi1205 is on a distinguished road

Default Re: No reverse lights...

OK, I will try that after work & reply to the post later tonight. I will also post it to one of the S-series threads. Thank you.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to jedi1205's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help jedi1205 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
jedi1205 is offline   Reply With Quote