SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2002, 08:59 AM   #1
slv01sc2
slv01sc2 is on a distinguished road

Idea Reverse Lights

I have a 01 SC2 with reverse lights that don't work. The car is a 5-speed and when I put it in reverse nothing happens. If one light is burned out will the other still work? I wonder what this could be? Is it a short or is there some sort of switch that might be bad? I hope this is not the start of more electical problems to come. Thanks for your help!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to slv01sc2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help slv01sc2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-2002, 10:07 AM   #2
bigbird
bigbird is on a distinguished road

Take it in for warranty service and let us know what the problem was.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bigbird's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bigbird reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 04-12-2002, 10:31 AM   #3
Qlara
Master Member
Qlara is on a distinguished road

Roll Eyes

Either both Backup bulbs are out (real lucky!) or the Backup Switch connection is loosen or Reverse switch is fried on your stick tranny......

All under warranty anyway, bring it in with Free car wash too!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Qlara's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Qlara reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 04-12-2002, 06:47 PM   #4
slv01sc2
slv01sc2 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for everyone's suggestions! I made an appointment for next Friday at my retailer which is 120 miles away. I'll let everyone know what the problem turns out to be.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to slv01sc2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help slv01sc2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 04-12-2002, 09:33 PM   #5
ssicarman
ssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to behold

Dizzy

OUCH!!!!!!
120 freaking miles!!!!!!
Are you still under warrenty? Even if you are this is a hell of a long drive for what is likely just a bad switch.
Check the fuse make sure that it's good. Make sure that the bulbs are good. Gain access to the reverse switch, on top of the trans-brown coloured connector, two wires. Disconnect conector, key on, check for power at connector with a test light or multimeter. power to one wire--use a jumper wire to cross the two wires, the reverse lights should work. If they don't, wiring to rear is likely bad. Lights work, use multimeter to check continuity across the switch (trans in reverse), should show continuity. No continuity, switch bad. Most likely you do have a bad switch. Do the checks to make sure. If the switch is bad see if the Saturn store will work with you and send you a replacement and work out the paper work some how. If not then try local or pay then to send you one, it's not expensive and if you can do all the checks then you should be able to use a 7/8 wrench to change the thing.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ssicarman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ssicarman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 04-13-2002, 03:35 AM   #6
Qlara
Master Member
Qlara is on a distinguished road

Dizzy

120 miles away?!?! I'd say OUCH too!

How did you get to that dealer to buy the new Saturn at first place? 120 miles is like cross-state driving......

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Qlara's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Qlara reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 04-13-2002, 10:04 AM   #7
spencerb
Master Member
spencerb will become famous soon enoughspencerb will become famous soon enough

2008 Astra XR

My nearest retailer is about 70 miles away. Been there three times. Once to test drive my car, another to buy it, and the last time to get a new fuel pump under warranty.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to spencerb's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help spencerb reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 04-13-2002, 10:16 AM   #8
Galileo
Master Member
Galileo is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XE
Default Lucky

Quote:
Originally posted by slv01sc2
my retailer which is 120 miles away.

Wow! :o: Not to rub it in your face but I have one retailer in my small city and another 4 facilities within a half hour to forty-five minute drive. You must really like Saturn!

Beautiful People First~

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Galileo's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Galileo reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Closed Thread