SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Site Information > Support Forum for Canadian Saturn Owners
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-11-2018, 03:24 PM   #1
Spevia
Spevia is on a distinguished road

Default Looking at buying a 2009 Astra

Hi everyone.
Wanted to get opinions on this vehichle. My daughter is considering buying a 2009 Astra with just over 103,000kms. Maintenance regularly done. Previous owner is a "car guy". Asking price is $5000
We've had an inspection done and nothing major needs to be fixed. Spark plugs, shocks and front rotors need to be replaced and the Air Flow Sensor has the engine light on and it has been suggested to fix that as well. Other than those things the mechanic says it's in good shape and looks to be a good vehicle.
Ive googled the car and read everything I can find on the car but wanted to get first hand opinions from owners if this is a good reliable vehicle. Also wondering about the availability of parts. Any input is greatly appreciated.
Thanks so much

Last edited by Spevia; 05-11-2018 at 03:27 PM.. Reason: adding more info

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Spevia's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Spevia reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Spevia is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-2018, 08:00 AM   #2
CruzzieQ
CruzzieQ is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Looking at buying a 2009 Astra

Hi Spevia, I have owned my 2008 Astra for 5 weeks. I do like the car, but firstly
make sure you can get parts in your area and make sure there are No check engine lights on.
I have found parts to be extremely expensive and my GM dealership isn't too familiar with these cars. I use full synthetic oil and silver grade gas.
Hope this helps

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to CruzzieQ's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help CruzzieQ reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
CruzzieQ is offline   Reply With Quote