SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn L-Series > L-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-31-2009, 08:37 AM   #1
saluki
saluki is on a distinguished road

2001 L-Series 2.2L Sedan
Default hurry !!!!! recalls

call 1-800-553-6000 give them vin# and ask for any outstanding recall issues and also recall history on your vehicle if you are not original owner. I have an 2001 L200 that had 3 recalls: #1 was 05052 ( brake light lense ) #2 was 03033 ( ignition controll module ) #3 06074 (timing chain ) . My concern is Saturn could be out of business completely this month. My used vehicle has had all 3 in for recalls so I am up to date. I don't want to freak everyone out but I would definitly check into this for all older vehicles.

chicago

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to saluki's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help saluki reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
saluki is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-2009, 10:35 AM   #2
izotop
izotop is on a distinguished road

2000 L-Series 2.2L Sedan
Default Re: hurry !!!!! recalls

I just called GM Canada, and there are no major recalls for my car. There is only a rear seat belt thing.. I was hoping for a timing chain recall as I wouldn't have to pay for it!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to izotop's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help izotop reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
izotop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 07:54 PM   #3
Charlie
Administrator
Charlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to behold

2008 Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
Information Re: hurry !!!!! recalls

Quote:
Originally Posted by saluki View Post
My concern is Saturn could be out of business completely this month.
No, no, no. The sky is not falling; Saturn isn't going anywhere. No worries. Enjoy your L!!

Charlie

2008 Saturn Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
2002 L300 (sold)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Charlie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Charlie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 02:46 PM   #4
V8GoneDOHC
V8GoneDOHC is on a distinguished road

2000 L-Series 2.2L Sedan
1993 SL2

Although it is true that you should check for recalls, saturn isn't going anywhere... yet. While true it will probably close, I don't anticipate dealers will shut their doors this year. If I'm not mistaken... GM CAN'T shut them down for another 2 years?

-John

Formerly;
1993 Saturn SL2
2000 Saturn LS1
1989 Mercury Cougar XR-7 Supercharged
1985 Mercury Cougar LS 5.0L V8

Currently;
2014 Ford Focus SE Sport
2002 Ford Taurus SEL

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to V8GoneDOHC's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help V8GoneDOHC reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
V8GoneDOHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 01:45 PM   #5
arehana
arehana is on a distinguished road

2001 L-Series 2.2L Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by izotop View Post
I just called GM Canada, and there are no major recalls for my car. There is only a rear seat belt thing.. I was hoping for a timing chain recall as I wouldn't have to pay for it!
I just bought used 2001 Saturn L200 yesterday. The service history that came with my car indicated that it was serviced for the Ignition Module and Brake Light recalls.

I also called GM Canada today and they said that there were no outstanding recalls on the vehicle. I guess it's safe to conclude that the timing chain in my vehicle is not faulty.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to arehana's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help arehana reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
arehana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 03:12 PM   #6
izotop
izotop is on a distinguished road

2000 L-Series 2.2L Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by arehana View Post
I just bought used 2001 Saturn L200 yesterday. The service history that came with my car indicated that it was serviced for the Ignition Module and Brake Light recalls.

I also called GM Canada today and they said that there were no outstanding recalls on the vehicle. I guess it's safe to conclude that the timing chain in my vehicle is not faulty.
It's impossible to tell until the chain breaks! I think there has been a huge psychosis around the timing chain failure... We never hear about people that are really satisfied with their car because there is not interest for them to write about it on forums. For sure, there have been many people that have had problems with their chain, but I still think it's a thin minority of us.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to izotop's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help izotop reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
izotop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 03:54 PM   #7
marx404
Master Member
marx404 will become famous soon enough

2008 Astra XE
Wrench Re: hurry !!!!! recalls

Quote:
Originally Posted by saluki View Post
call 1-800-553-6000 give them vin# and ask for any outstanding recall issues and also recall history on your vehicle if you are not original owner. I have an 2001 L200 that had 3 recalls: #1 was 05052 ( brake light lense ) #2 was 03033 ( ignition controll module ) #3 06074 (timing chain ) . My concern is Saturn could be out of business completely this month. My used vehicle has had all 3 in for recalls so I am up to date. I don't want to freak everyone out but I would definitly check into this for all older vehicles.
Ok, calm down. Take a deep breath, don't freak out. We are still here.

Here is a place where you can also check on Technical Bulletins and Recalls:

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/

marx404
Saturn lives on.

1994 SL2
2002 SC2
2007 ION.3
2008 Astra XE
2004 L300.1

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to marx404's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help marx404 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
marx404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 05:25 PM   #8
Evelise
Evelise is on a distinguished road

2002 VUE 2.2L

I just called the recall place in Detroit (?) and spoke at length w/Andrea about my 2.2 '02 VUE (68K) being in the shop (now a month!) for the faulty timing chain oiler causing my timing chain to break.
Tho she was very apologetic, all she could do was file my complaint and says it's a wait & see kind of thing to see if Saturn will see enough complaints to warrant a recall. I can't believe that with a class action lawsuit out there about this issue, that Saturn still does NOT see it as an issue.
She says that more people need to file their complaints. And she also suggested filing a complaint with the National Highway Saftey Commission. Please everyone that has this 2.2 engine start complaining. I only had 68K miles on mine and here I sit stranded.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Evelise's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Evelise reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Evelise is offline   Reply With Quote