SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General

Old 07-17-2020, 04:59 AM   #1
SnowZilla
SnowZilla is on a distinguished road

Default Trunk Hatch release from inside and lights off if open and not shut all the way

I want to be able to open the hatch from the inside once its shut without getting out of the car. Sort of like an emergency trunk release. Is there a mod, or switch I can install or a feature I id not know about.

2nd the front head dome driver&passenger lights stay on if I have the liftgate up. I done a bad workaround where I unclipped the cover and wedged something on the switches to leave them halfway. But I would like more elegant solution.
I'm aware I can move the latch manually on the hatch from reading previous posts, but I want a solution where I can just shut it off.
Is there a fuse I can pull yet retain functionality of the lights? Wire to snip that would still let me turn on the lights manually?

Perhaps soldering a switch?
SnowZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 07-19-2020, 10:21 AM   #2
atikovi
Advanced Member
atikovi is just really niceatikovi is just really niceatikovi is just really niceatikovi is just really niceatikovi is just really nice

Default Re: Trunk Hatch release from inside and lights off if open and not shut all the way

Pretty sure the dome light goes off automatically after 15-20 minutes if you leave a door or hatch open.
atikovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 03:16 PM   #3
SnowZilla

Default Re: Trunk Hatch release from inside and lights off if open and not shut all the way

I should mention this a 2004. I did test about 30min with hatch open and my lights did not go off. Either way I need it to go off right away.

For the trunk/hatch release, if I drilled a hole perhaps is there a way to unlatch it from the inside then.

Perhaps someone has a wiring diagram I can disable the light from there as well?
Old 07-20-2020, 07:29 PM   #4
Bruce Rock
Bruce Rock is a jewel in the roughBruce Rock is a jewel in the roughBruce Rock is a jewel in the roughBruce Rock is a jewel in the rough

2000 SL2
2006 VUE 2.2L

From my 2006 owners manual:

Battery Run-Down Protection Your vehicle is equipped with a battery saver feature designed to protect your vehicle’s battery.When any interior lamp is left on and the ignition is turned off, the battery rundown protection system will automatically turn the lamp off after 20 minutes. This will avoid draining the battery.

I'm on the fence about this feature actually working.
Bruce Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 07:50 PM   #5
atikovi
Advanced Member
atikovi is just really niceatikovi is just really niceatikovi is just really niceatikovi is just really niceatikovi is just really nice

Works on mine. Leave the hatch open for hours to access tools and the light is off.
atikovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 01:56 PM   #6
SnowZilla

Is there a fuse I can pull or a wire I can just cut?
For the hatch ultimately what I want is.
Lets say I had a cage barricade blocking someone from the 4 doors. Then I locked someone in the cargo area. I want an internal latch release system so that whomever is in that area can release themselves without waiting for someone to open the hatch. I also don't want to trigger the lights.