SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General

Old 07-03-2020, 05:19 PM   #1
seansaturn
seansaturn is a glorious beacon of lightseansaturn is a glorious beacon of lightseansaturn is a glorious beacon of lightseansaturn is a glorious beacon of lightseansaturn is a glorious beacon of lightseansaturn is a glorious beacon of light

2007 VUE 3.5L
Default Wheel Alignment

Hi,

I have a couple of questions about wheel alignment on my Vue (Saturn Vue 2007 AWD)

I have replaced a CV joint, tie rods (inner and outer), lower ball joints and sway bar links (all on front end). It's pulling to right and kinda mini-bouncing on sharp corners. I assume its all down to the alignment, so I didnt worry about it. It's next on the agenda!

I have been trawling through the internet, and I think I have found the best deal on alignment in my area which is at Pepboys: https://www.pepboys.com/auto-service...sion/alignment

They offer a lifetime alignment for $150 (Lifetime of vehicle)

I was wondering:
1. Is there any reason the 2007 Vue cannot be aligned at the rear? I didn't want them to up sell me a "Wedge Adjustments/Shim Kit" if I didn't need one. I wanted to go in knowing my options

2. Is there anything to watch out for? Do all places adjust toe, camber and caster? I heard some only check for toe, so it had me concerned.

Thank you
Saturn Vue 2007 AWD 3.5L V6 - Honda J35S1/GM L66 Engine
GinkoSolutions.com
seansaturn is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-2020, 02:28 PM   #2
seansaturn
seansaturn is a glorious beacon of lightseansaturn is a glorious beacon of lightseansaturn is a glorious beacon of lightseansaturn is a glorious beacon of lightseansaturn is a glorious beacon of lightseansaturn is a glorious beacon of light

2007 VUE 3.5L
Default Re: Wheel Alignment

Any input?
GinkoSolutions.com
Old 07-06-2020, 04:35 PM   #3
waiter21
Advanced Member
waiter21 is a name known to allwaiter21 is a name known to allwaiter21 is a name known to allwaiter21 is a name known to allwaiter21 is a name known to allwaiter21 is a name known to all

2003 VUE 2.2L

Before you take it in, look under the rear suspension and inspect for broken camber / caster bolts, common problem. Also look at the control arms for rusted out fittings, common.

I had a broken bolt on mine. I replaced all the rear bolts and new cam nuts.

On the front I'm currently repairing the front engine cradle attach points.
2003 Vue - 2.2L with Manual Trans. (Swapped)
Originally had 2.2L and Auto trans.
waiter21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 11:03 PM   #4
seansaturn

2007 VUE 3.5L

Thank you for the input! Appreciated!

I took a look at the bolts, they actually look really good. I think there was a recall on these right? Looks like they were done before I bought the car.

It looks a little rusty around the control arms, but it's not so bad! I had them off to replace the rear coil spring bushings and it wasnt ceased

Some extra things I thought about after making this post:
1. I checked the ride height (ground to wheel arch) was the same on both sides. This can affect alignment. (I.e. If a shock is bad or other suspension component)
2. I made sure all my tires were the same size (I was temporarily running one a little smaller for a couple of days)
3. I checked what IS stock adjustable on this car. It looks like the camber can be adjusted out of the factory and obviously the toe too. It looks like the caster is not adjustable, at least by default.
4. Two of my tires had slightly more tread, so i put those on the rear.

Best offer I found:
I looked into the PepBoys offer more, they offer 3 alignments per year for the lifetime of the vehicle. They will adjust castor, camber and toe providing they are adjustable. $189 in store, but $150 via the website. They do a free tire rotation too.

I have attached the default wheel alignment specs to this thread. I wanted it to have some value for others too!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200706_142554.jpg (98.5 KB, 3 views)
GinkoSolutions.com