SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > Classifieds

Old 07-04-2020, 02:54 PM   #1
billbled
billbled is on a distinguished road

1997 SW2
Default For Sale: 1997, SW2 Station Wagon (Red) w/ auto trans, 253k miles

I used to use this as a daily driver when I was working for the local BMW dealer as a tech. I bought it at around 208k miles.

The transmission went out and I rebuilt it. I got about 38k out of the rebuild when something inside let go. The car will move, but reverse and second - not so much. I checked the input shaft nut that always backs loose and my loctite was still on it and it was tight. When I pulled the transmission oil filter, I saw ground metal in the tube inside. So something has failed internally. It'll need a complete trans rebuild, swap or a swap to a manual gearbox.

The engine runs. I have honed the cylinders and put a set of rings in it and rod bearings, had the cylinder head redone (new exh valves/seals) and all the needed gaskets (at 222k miles).

Along the way, at various mileages, I've also replaced:
- the oil pump
- water pump
- front & rear crank seals w/ oil pan gasket
- timing chain/tensioner
- A/C compressor, exp valve and rec/dryer
- pretty new all season tires, with lots of tread left
- F & R brakes, master cylinder, both front calipers
- starter motor
- MAP sensor, both O2 sensors, EGR Valve, TPS.

I know the car is in rough shape cosmetically and mechanically because of the trans. The headliner is ragged. Paint is marginal. It has been sitting for around 5 years. I've started it up from time to time.

I'm was trying to see if anyone here has any interest in it or if it's now at the point where I need to just go on and scrap it. I'm not willing to put any more time/money/effort into it. I'm also not willing to part it out, so it's an all or nothing kind of deal. I'm in the Triad area of NC (Winston Salem). Please DM me if you have an interest in it and what you'd be willing to pay for it.
Pics are here: https://billbledsoe.com/Saturnpics/
Thanks much.
billbled is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links