SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-26-2017, 06:43 PM   #1
SaturnFan94
SaturnFan94 is on a distinguished road

Default Sliders for window regulator where to find? plz

Where could I find It, googled it found nothing I believed to be what I needed I don't know if i'm missing something here, thank you.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SaturnFan94's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SaturnFan94 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFan94 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 07-26-2017, 06:58 PM   #2
toggenburg
Master Member
toggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud of

Location: Beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains of Bedford, Virginia. Born once? Die twice. ------ Born twice? Die once.

2001 SL1
Default Re: Sliders for window regulator where to find? plz

Several members have made these sliders with 3-D printers....IIRC some offered to manufacture & sell to SaturnFans folks....perhaps they will chime in?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to toggenburg's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help toggenburg reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
toggenburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 07:14 PM   #3
SaturnFan94
SaturnFan94 is on a distinguished road

that sounds cool, wish I had one lol, it seems like power window slider issues haven't been on here in 5 years? lol

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SaturnFan94's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SaturnFan94 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFan94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 02:13 AM   #4
bachands
Advanced Member
bachands is a splendid one to beholdbachands is a splendid one to beholdbachands is a splendid one to beholdbachands is a splendid one to beholdbachands is a splendid one to beholdbachands is a splendid one to behold

2002 SL2

P/N 21172105

This is the plastic slider/guide that fits into the window track. I just replaced two of them.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GM-OEM-GUIDE...72.m2749.l2649

There's a good video on YouTube that shows the whole replacement. Type in "Saturn window" in the search box to find it.

'97 SL1, 136K, Auto, Mint Green (SOLD 146K)
'99 SL2, 126K, Auto, Silver (SOLD 149K)
'97 SL1, 136K, Manual, Burgundy (Gifted to Brother 138K)
'02 SL2, 149K, Auto, Light Gray/Silver

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bachands's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bachands reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
bachands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 12:13 PM   #5
alordofchaos
alordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud of

2002 SC2
1998 SL2

http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=223010

Check your local library, colleges, and even some high schools / hobby stores / model train, R/C clubs, etc

I'm not worthy to grovel in the shadow of Signmaster's wisdom

11/2016 red 2002 5 spd SC2 124k DD
7/2010 Craigslist white 1997 SC2 project
12/2008 eBay silver 1998 SL2 5 spd 102k, now 201k+ miles

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to alordofchaos's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help alordofchaos reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
alordofchaos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 12:57 PM   #6
toggenburg
Master Member
toggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud of

Location: Beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains of Bedford, Virginia. Born once? Die twice. ------ Born twice? Die once.

2001 SL1

^^ I can't get the referenced thingfile in your link to OPEN.

Some kind of Certificate Trust List error...

http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/att...3&d=1470165187

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help toggenburg reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-27-2017, 02:11 PM   #7
alordofchaos
alordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud of

2002 SC2
1998 SL2

Weird. I have no problem saving it, either from your link or the original post, and I'm in a managed environment using Internet Explorer 11.

Here's the original source of the file, maybe you can DL from there?

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:11242

I'm not worthy to grovel in the shadow of Signmaster's wisdom

11/2016 red 2002 5 spd SC2 124k DD
7/2010 Craigslist white 1997 SC2 project
12/2008 eBay silver 1998 SL2 5 spd 102k, now 201k+ miles

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to alordofchaos's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help alordofchaos reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
alordofchaos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 04:03 PM   #8
toggenburg
Master Member

2001 SL1

^^ Thanks, that link works perfectly while still using the same computer as earlier.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 07-28-2017, 02:35 AM   #9
Saturn Night
Master Member
Saturn Night is a jewel in the roughSaturn Night is a jewel in the roughSaturn Night is a jewel in the roughSaturn Night is a jewel in the rough

1995 SC2

www.car-part.com

If you run into any issues with getting just your plastic sliders, then you can use this website to source used window regulators.

Trust me, you DON'T want to buy a regulator from GM......

My 1991 Grand Am driver's regulator(Manual) was priced at $192.

I bought Dorman repair tape, at AutoZone for $27, and I rebuilt my regulator.

"What does a Saturn owner do, at the gas station?"

"He checks the gas, and fills the oil....."

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Saturn Night's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Saturn Night reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Saturn Night is offline   Reply With Quote