SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-05-2018, 01:17 AM   #1
MDB
MDB is on a distinguished road

Dizzy 2002 Vue V-6 Slow Acceleration

Hello all. I had to remove the intake on my daughters Vue, to work on it. I installed new intake gaskets, torqued the bolts to spec, and re-installed the rest of the components. After this, the car has to turn over for a few seconds before starting. Also, the car has slow acceleration now. When you put the accelerator to the floor, it has the sound of a four barrel but accelerated slowly. I removed the intake and reinstalled, thinking maybe I had a vacuum leak, but that didnít solve the problem. Itís almost as if the intake flappers are not closing during initial acceleration. Any thoughts on this issue will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to MDB's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help MDB reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
MDB is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 10-05-2018, 10:25 AM   #2
AlexofNazareth
Master Member
AlexofNazareth will become famous soon enough

2002 SL1
2006 VUE Red Line
Default Re: 2002 Vue V-6 Slow Acceleration

Is the check engine light on? Not sure if disconnecting the electronic throttle body would cause this sort of issue.

'02 SL1.414213562^2, Deebs ftw

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to AlexofNazareth's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help AlexofNazareth reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
AlexofNazareth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 03:35 PM   #3
Cavell
Cavell is a jewel in the roughCavell is a jewel in the roughCavell is a jewel in the rough

2004 VUE 3.5L
2003 VUE 3.0L
Default Re: 2002 Vue V-6 Slow Acceleration

i have removed my kids intake 4-5 times. timing belt, valve cover gaskets 3 times. and thermostat once. still on original intake gaskets. i did leave the TB unplugged last time. uh, got a CEL and reduced power for that. oops. the TB only has 1 plug. the maf has a plug by the airbox. both are easy to see/reach.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Cavell's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Cavell reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Cavell is offline   Reply With Quote