saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech

Old 01-18-2007, 04:21 PM   #1
leadfootny
leadfootny is on a distinguished road

1994 SL1
1999 SL2
Default Power Steering Pump Question-HELP

Hi, I have a 94 sl1 with a bad p/s pump. I purchased a reman from advance auto, but it did not come with a actuator valve or high pressure fitting. There is a slip of paper in the box that said to use the old one . Now, my problem is that it will not come out of the original pump. I removed the actuator, but the spacer that has the fitting on it will not come out. I went to my local saturn dealer to order a new one, and they want 200 bucks for it, and the p/s pump they sell doesn't come with it either. The parts guy asked around the shop to find out my answer and the consensus was that no one has ever had to replace a p/s pump and didnt know either. At this point, I am at a loss, esp since the fitting and valve is a dealer-only part. I am hoping that someone around here can help more than the dealer did. Either that, or the thing is going up for sale, which I have all the parts of a dohc conversion.
Thanks

Sean
leadfootny is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-2007, 05:43 PM   #2
saturnv
saturnv is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Power Steering Pump Question-HELP

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadfootny View Post
Hi, I have a 94 sl1 with a bad p/s pump. I purchased a reman from advance auto, but it did not come with a actuator valve or high pressure fitting. There is a slip of paper in the box that said to use the old one . Now, my problem is that it will not come out of the original pump. I removed the actuator, but the spacer that has the fitting on it will not come out. I went to my local saturn dealer to order a new one, and they want 200 bucks for it, and the p/s pump they sell doesn't come with it either. The parts guy asked around the shop to find out my answer and the consensus was that no one has ever had to replace a p/s pump and didnt know either. At this point, I am at a loss, esp since the fitting and valve is a dealer-only part. I am hoping that someone around here can help more than the dealer did. Either that, or the thing is going up for sale, which I have all the parts of a dohc conversion.
Thanks

Sean
I have a 1997 saturn sl2 to remove the pressure fitting from the steering pump, its easy to remove the container then place pump in a vise and using a large cresent/pipe or wrench turn(break free) the fitting.hope this has helped you:
saturnv is offline   Reply With Quote