SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2013, 05:37 AM   #1
silver sl2
silver sl2 is on a distinguished road

2000 SL2
Default Throttle position sensor

Got a 2000 sl2 and and cleaned the TB and put it back on and it wont accelerate properly. there is no vacuum leaks and i think i put the tps on wrong. Is there a certain way to put this back on?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to silver sl2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help silver sl2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
silver sl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 04-19-2013, 07:44 AM   #2
OldNuc
OldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond repute

1998 SC2
Default Re: Throttle position sensor

Yes, the toung on the throttle shaft is engaged with the TPS and then the TPS is turned slightly in the throttle OPEN rotation direction to slow inserting screws. If you just stuck it on and tightened the screws it is probably now broke.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to OldNuc's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help OldNuc reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
OldNuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 08:55 AM   #3
silver sl2

2000 SL2

Ok so put it on then turn it toward the OPEN position to insert the screws? I didnt know that. So if i put it back on the way you said and there is no difference then it is probably broke?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help silver sl2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 04-19-2013, 09:13 AM   #4
OldNuc
OldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond repute

1998 SC2

I would think so.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to OldNuc's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help OldNuc reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
OldNuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 01:05 PM   #5
silver sl2

2000 SL2

Wouldnt the tps make the ses com on if it is bad?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 04-19-2013, 01:35 PM   #6
jhonky
jhonky is on a distinguished road

1998 SL2

can someone make a video showing the proper way to put it on because i'm lost. i've cleaned my tb twice but just put it on the same way i took it off and put back in the screws

98 SL2
5th gear swap- .643 gear
245,000 miles
215/45 17"
I burn about a quart about every 1500 miles.

If it ain't broke, fix it some more.

Last edited by jhonky; 04-19-2013 at 01:36 PM.. Reason: video would probably only take up 30 minutes of your time

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to jhonky's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help jhonky reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
jhonky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 01:57 PM   #7
fetchitfido
fetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant future

2001 SC2

I'm 99% sure you can't put it on wrong. There's a notch for the throttle plate rod to go into which I guess you could muck up but not if you're paying attention to it.

Video? "Let me Youtube that for you" search term: "Throttle Position Sensor Saturn": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Na6Hgu2qwLg

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fetchitfido's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fetchitfido reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fetchitfido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 02:55 PM   #8
jhonky
jhonky is on a distinguished road

1998 SL2

oh. i only remove the tps when i remove the entire tb. if you do it that way i don't think you can mess it up

98 SL2
5th gear swap- .643 gear
245,000 miles
215/45 17"
I burn about a quart about every 1500 miles.

If it ain't broke, fix it some more.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to jhonky's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help jhonky reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
jhonky is offline   Reply With Quote