SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-2010, 11:49 AM   #1
t&m
t&m is on a distinguished road

2002 SL2
2002 SL2
Default Blower Control Switch

2002 SL2 Trying to replace the blower control switch. I removed the dash console and disconnected the blower switch. There is 2 small bolts on the backside of the switch that are really hard to access.

My question is does anyone know the exact sizes of these bolts? They appear to be 5.5mm but Im having a hard time fitting anything on them. And secondly anybody have any tips on removing the switch?

Only way I could figure as everything is attached to the control tray was to simply use a screwdriver socket and reach inside the console to remove these bolts which has been frustratingly difficult, especially since I wasnt entirely sure of the bolt size. Any help/tips would be appreciated.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to t&m's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help t&m reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
t&m is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 02-11-2010, 01:05 PM   #2
t&m
t&m is on a distinguished road

2002 SL2
2002 SL2
Default Re: Blower Control Switch

Guess I just needed a little break. Was getting frustrated. But I was able to get at it. fdryer had posted some diagrams which were helpful in this thread:

http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/sho...=blower+switch

After disconnecting the mode and temp cables, its easier to remove the tray and work outside the dash area. I was hesitant to do that to begin with figuring I wouldnt be able to get everything back in place. But the springs slide off easily and the cables easily pinch the clip and they are out of the way.

I figure its a 6.5MM but used a 1/4in socket and easily removed and replaced the switch and put everything back into place. My blower now works on all settings and even feels a little warmer than it was before. Hope this thread perhaps helps someone else

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to t&m's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help t&m reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
t&m is offline   Reply With Quote