SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2006, 11:24 AM   #1
agoldslsaturn
agoldslsaturn is on a distinguished road

1995 SL1
1995 SL2
Default ugh ugh ugh!

I cleaned out my car last night because I didnt want to drag everything with me cross state (do I really need a stroller, carseat, etc?LOL). Well I found the sippy cup that has been missing for the last two weeks. I could have sworn it was never in my car but then I remember that she was playing in my car one day while I was working on it. It was shoved under the seat....

Well that cup had chocolate milk in it. Gross. I threw out the cup, and dumped some kids n pets under the seat and then sprayed the car until damp with febreeze.

It still reaks this morning and stupid me left windows tight, I went outside and cracked them to allow ventilation...

My question is, what else works?????? This is an extremely nauseating smell and I do not like it. Is there any high powered fragrances that will help odorize it and make it smell good? I already steamcleaned it once with boiling water, but I need to do it again I know...so gross.

Cause when push comes to shove
You taste what you're made of
You might bend, till you break
Cause its all you can take

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to agoldslsaturn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help agoldslsaturn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
agoldslsaturn is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 04-20-2006, 11:33 AM   #2
Uzzy
Master Member
Uzzy has a spectacular aura aboutUzzy has a spectacular aura about

2002 SC1
2005 VUE 2.2L
Default Re: ugh ugh ugh!

Steam cleaner for sure. Other than that, you could make sure you have comprehensive coverage, and "hope" that it "accidently" catches fire Or just hurry up and buy something else and give the stinky one to your sister. That's what I'd do.

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
If your ECTS is not brass...your ass is grass.
If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire Uzzy.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Uzzy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Uzzy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Uzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 11:36 AM   #3
eric02SC2
Advanced Member
eric02SC2 is on a distinguished road

2002 SC2
2006 VUE 2.2L

Inappropriate post deleted by administrator.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to eric02SC2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help eric02SC2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
eric02SC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 12:12 PM   #4
madpogue
madpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud of

1996 SW2

Wow, talk about topic creep!

Maybe some of that oxygen cleaner would work? Too bad it's under the seat, as sunshine is a great germ/odor neutralizer.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to madpogue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help madpogue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
madpogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 12:15 PM   #5
agoldslsaturn

1995 SL1
1995 SL2

Like oxyclean? I have some of that I can try.

Believe me, I am tempted to pull out the seat and rip the carpet out. I wonder if I can find tan carpet around here...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help agoldslsaturn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 04-20-2006, 12:24 PM   #6
DTDSasquatch
Advanced Member
DTDSasquatch is on a distinguished road

1997 SW2

Quote:
Originally Posted by agoldslsaturn
Like oxyclean? I have some of that I can try.

Believe me, I am tempted to pull out the seat and rip the carpet out. I wonder if I can find tan carpet around here...
I would definitely pull the seat out so you have better access to that mess.

I think oxyclean would do it.

Internet message boards: The demise of the English language.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to DTDSasquatch's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help DTDSasquatch reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
DTDSasquatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 12:27 PM   #7
madpogue
madpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud of

1996 SW2

...or, since it's under the seat: Go to a Carpets Plus or the like, and see if they'll give you a carpet square of a comparable pile, similar color, etc. Then cut out the bad spot with a utility knife, cut the carpet square to the same dimensions, and install it with some double-face tape.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help madpogue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 04-20-2006, 01:23 PM   #8
andy_95sl2
Master Member
andy_95sl2 is on a distinguished road

or why dont you just go with the grey carpet because you mentioned that you wanted to switch your interior to black.. so go get a black or grey carpet from a first gen sedan!!

2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon -> daily & toy =)
2009 BMW 128i -> sold
2003 VW GTI 1.8T -> wrecked
1998 Saturn SL2 -> parted out
1995 Saturn SL2 -> sold
1995 Saturn SL2 -> sold

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to andy_95sl2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help andy_95sl2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
andy_95sl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 01:45 PM   #9
Phonespider
Phonespider is on a distinguished road

1999 SL2
1992 SL1

Try taking a small paper bag of charcoal (but not the kind w/ lighter fluid, just plain burnt wood) and puting it under one of the front seats for a while, it's a great natural odor fighter and it won't make the car smell like air freshner. Plain charcoal doesn't have any smell.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Phonespider's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Phonespider reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Phonespider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 01:51 PM   #10
GreenSC2
Advanced Member
GreenSC2 is on a distinguished road

Go to a pet store and get some of the cleaner that they use for pet "stains". It is an enzyme so it "eats" the problem area. The stuff that I have used is called Natures Miracle.

Its kind of an odd application for it, but it should work, and it doesn't have a gross perfumey stench.

It's not easy being Green(SC2). (IntelliTXT SUCKS)
I refuse to be a Lemming!!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to GreenSC2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help GreenSC2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
GreenSC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 01:53 PM   #11
agoldslsaturn

1995 SL1
1995 SL2

Im not changing carpet, if my sister wants to fine, but I just bought brand new heavy duty floor mats so those are awesome! Id splice it so I will look into that.

Ill try the charcol also, anyone ever heard of using an apple???

Green- I have the kids n pets which is a natural enzyme also...Maybe i just need to put more down there.

Oh and I just wasted half a bottle of bath and body works pearberry LOL. At least my car smells like me now, right?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 04-20-2006, 01:53 PM   #12
DTDSasquatch
Advanced Member

1997 SW2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenSC2
Go to a pet store and get some of the cleaner that they use for pet "stains". It is an enzyme so it "eats" the problem area. The stuff that I have used is called Natures Miracle.

Its kind of an odd application for it, but it should work, and it doesn't have a gross perfumey stench.
That stuff doesn't even work for its intended purpose (at least in my experience).

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help DTDSasquatch reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 04-20-2006, 01:58 PM   #13
GreenSC2
Advanced Member
GreenSC2 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTDSasquatch
That stuff doesn't even work for its intended purpose (at least in my experience).

Then you don't know what the heck you are doing with it. If used right it does work. And yes unfortunately I have had a LOT of experience with it in the past. The worst smell in the world is old cat pee.

It's not easy being Green(SC2). (IntelliTXT SUCKS)
I refuse to be a Lemming!!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to GreenSC2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help GreenSC2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
GreenSC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 02:00 PM   #14
Uzzy
Master Member
Uzzy has a spectacular aura aboutUzzy has a spectacular aura about

2002 SC1
2005 VUE 2.2L

Quote:
Then you don't know what the heck you are doing with it. If used right it does work. And yes unfortunately I have had a LOT of experience with it in the past. The worst smell in the world is old cat pee.
Umm old cat, or old pee? The one stair well at a parking garage smells like old cat pee. I don't park there too often anymore.

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
If your ECTS is not brass...your ass is grass.
If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire Uzzy.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Uzzy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Uzzy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Uzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 02:00 PM   #15
between5and7
between5and7 is on a distinguished road

1993 SW1
1995 SL2
Dizzy Re: ugh ugh ugh!

This happened to us abuot ten tears ago. We got the detailed twice and the smell was still there.

It just took time for the smell to die and go away.

Hope you find a miracle cure.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to between5and7's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help between5and7 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
between5and7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 02:06 PM   #16
agoldslsaturn

1995 SL1
1995 SL2

The enzymes do work believe it or not. WE used to have a dog that peed in the house, how freaking nasty! He was really old though so i forgave him...Ive also used it on a really out outfit of minee from when i was ababy...And we all know im older than dirt

Ill just keep steaming it and spraying it until i can get to the carpet store...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 04-20-2006, 02:13 PM   #17
DTDSasquatch
Advanced Member

1997 SW2

Quote:
No, I was definitely using it correctly.

I was housebreaking two Portuguese Water Dog puppies... Let's just say that the living room carpet ended up being replaced with hard flooring.

I guess it wasn't the product's fault, since its intended use is for spots. When you have a new spot every day, I guess you could say that it's no longer "spot cleaning."

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 04-20-2006, 04:48 PM   #18
fartman
fartman is on a distinguished road

I can't believe no one mentioned BAKING SODA. It sucks up odor, thats why most carpet fresheners have it in them. Just buy a box and cut it open and pour it onto the carpet and just leave it there. It will do no harm-

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fartman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fartman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 04:57 PM   #19
10W30
Advanced Member
10W30 is on a distinguished road

1994 SL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phonespider
Try taking a small paper bag of charcoal (but not the kind w/ lighter fluid, just plain burnt wood) and puting it under one of the front seats for a while, it's a great natural odor fighter and it won't make the car smell like air freshner. Plain charcoal doesn't have any smell.
I agree with the charcoal idea, this works great. Especially with mold and mildew smells. I think Home Depot sells a bag of Lava Rocks that comes in a netted bag, that was specifically made for this purpose.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 10W30's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 10W30 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
10W30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 05:35 PM   #20
madpogue

1996 SW2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uzzy
The one stair well at a parking garage smells like old cat pee.
Um, that ain't cat pee...

Geez, I've been doing cat rescue forever; why didn't I think of Nature's Miracle or whatnot? Well, I'm not sure if it's that effective on, er, pre-consumer food.

Baking soda might work. Also try following it up with vinegar. Then baking soda again and vinegar again. I've heard the "whip-saw" raising and lowering of pH tends to kill a lot of stuff.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!