SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-27-2018, 06:31 PM   #1
Raymundo005
Raymundo005 is on a distinguished road

Default TPS, APS, Water Leak, BCM, Reduced Power

Hey new to forum and need some info
Have a Saturn Vue 03 2.2 4cyl standard trans bought for $400 and I love it.
That being said I have two issues. Mysterious water leak after it rains coming sowhere through the firewall? On top of that the Vue has been going into Reduced Power Mode. The codes read were APS and TPS Near stall and 5 Volt. Replaced both TPS and APS. Still does reduced power and reads same codes for sensor faults. Im working through this after deciding against junking it yet. Any good advice, Bad new TPS? Mysterious water leak and reduced power related? Bad Computor? Frayed wire or shorted wire? This is where I'm at trying to go through each problem methodically.
Things I will be doing tomorrow
1 checking for continuity on wires from comp to tps and comp to aps
2 finish taking the rubber carpet out under dash to see where water is coming from
Any freindly advice or words of encouragement are appreciated also let me know if i should quit while Im ahead money and time

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Raymundo005's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Raymundo005 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Raymundo005 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 08-27-2018, 09:44 PM   #2
atikovi
Advanced Member
atikovi is just really niceatikovi is just really niceatikovi is just really niceatikovi is just really nice

Default Re: TPS, APS, Water Leak, BCM, Reduced Power

You need the factory service manual which will have diagnostics for each trouble code. Now you know why you got it for only $400.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to atikovi's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help atikovi reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
atikovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 09:58 PM   #3
Raymundo005

I have service manual and looked up codes that's why I replaced the tps and aps as well. I have owned the vue for over a year it has definitely been worth the 400. Would like to get some more life out of it. Im decent at mechanical repairs but I believe this to be electrical. Looking for any wierd info anybody has and to see if other 03 vue 2.2 ecotech owners have dealt with something similar. As always any information is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Raymundo005 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 08-27-2018, 11:06 PM   #4
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

This might be relative to your problems; http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=234346

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 12:51 PM   #5
homerec130
homerec130 is on a distinguished road

2008 VUE 3.6L
2006 VUE 3.5L

Where are you seeing the water leak? Driver/passenger foot wells, wet seat belts?

If you have a sunroof, take a look at the drains and see if they are plugged or see if the go all the way to the chassis (mine only went half way on my 2006.

The first time I had my sun roof leak issues the shop mentioned if the leak wasn't from the sunroof, it could be from an improperly sealed windshield or bad door seals.

Homer

Paul "Homer" Simpson
15 Ford Fiesta, Gray
06 Vue 3.5L, FWD, Storm Grey (Wife's Ride)

08 Vue 3.6L, FWD, Sunburst Orange - RIP 6T70

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to homerec130's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help homerec130 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
homerec130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 07:43 PM   #6
Raymundo005

Update!!!
Well First the leak turned out to be combo blocked sunroof drains (important for anyone with this issue I unblocked with the drains by running a wire through and thought I had emliminated this being the potential cause only to find two small oak leaves blocking the drains a month later), as well as the driver's side door seal leaking when the door is not not slammed closed (little slits in door seal and glue that holds seal seems to allow the seal to be loose). Thought it was windshield but after replacement no difference, really helped to have the ever patient girlfriend spray down the VUE while I sat inside. Also removed and dried the carpets and had to (I'm sure other people wouldn't do this) cut out rubber mats under drivers side and passengers side front seats to allow foam underneath to dry.

Second REDUCED POWER PROBLEM...
Well after replacing TPS and APS (both indicated by scanner to be the issue) I started to to unviel the computer by taking off radio and plastic coverings under dash. The plan being to trace wires and check continuity. Well I started to uncover wires in engine bay at the TPS I found that by grabbing wire harness and moving it (while engine was running) it would cause it to stall. I cut off the black wiring cover and untaped wires. After this the engine runs fine even with movining and tugging on wires. No indication of damage to wire insulation or crimping of wires.

Have gone on test drives (locally) and so far so good still have musty smell in vehicle and trying to clean mold as best as possible with light bleach and white vinegar mixture (any suggestions on that?)

Overall it has been a journey to get to the root of the problem hopefully this helps people though. Thanks for all the input and posts on other topics SATURNALIA FORUMS RULE
Thanks to everyone who replied!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 09-18-2018, 08:04 PM   #7
atikovi
Advanced Member
atikovi is just really niceatikovi is just really niceatikovi is just really niceatikovi is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymundo005 View Post
Have gone on test drives (locally) and so far so good still have musty smell in vehicle and trying to clean mold as best as possible with light bleach and white vinegar mixture (any suggestions on that?)
https://sweets.construction.com/swts...833/582968.pdf

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to atikovi's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help atikovi reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
atikovi is offline   Reply With Quote