SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn L-Series > L-Series General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-09-2018, 05:07 PM   #1
sstar
sstar is just really nicesstar is just really nicesstar is just really nicesstar is just really nicesstar is just really nice

2002 L-Series 2.2L Wagon
Default Good Bye Saturn

Well I have had a lot of fun on this Forum. Learned a lot about Saturns and life in general. Talked with some very nice people. Many thanks to you all. I have traded my LW200 in for a 2018 Subaru Impreza. So far I like it. It is also very fun to drive like the Saturn.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to sstar's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help sstar reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
sstar is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-2018, 12:06 PM   #2
rb6667
Advanced Member
rb6667 is a splendid one to beholdrb6667 is a splendid one to beholdrb6667 is a splendid one to beholdrb6667 is a splendid one to beholdrb6667 is a splendid one to beholdrb6667 is a splendid one to beholdrb6667 is a splendid one to behold

2004 L-Series 2.2L Wagon
2004 L-Series 3.0L Wagon
Default Re: Good Bye Saturn

It is always hard to see a long term member leave us. Hopefully that Subaru will serve you well. Best of luck to you.

On thing that really troubles me on the Subaru. They use that new 1234YF Freon.

You need to take a loan out to pay for that stuff. $70.00 per pound! You have got to be kidding me!

2004 L-Series Wagon 2.2
2004 L-Series Wagon 2.2
2004 L-Series Wagon 3.0

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to rb6667's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help rb6667 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
rb6667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 12:10 PM   #3
Nickdfresh
Nickdfresh is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XR

Good luck with the new Subaru. To be honest I had forgotten about this forum after my Astra was wrecked. But there are a lot of good people, but sadly, the Saturns are not long for this world...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Nickdfresh's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Nickdfresh reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Nickdfresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 07:25 PM   #4
L200fan
L200fan is a jewel in the roughL200fan is a jewel in the roughL200fan is a jewel in the rough

2002 L-Series 2.2L Sedan

Best of luck to you with your new Car! I think I might be next if things keep happening!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to L200fan's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help L200fan reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
L200fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 09:00 PM   #5
Francophile50
Francophile50 is on a distinguished road

2004 L-Series 2.2L Wagon
2001 L-Series 3.0L Wagon

I also was thinking of getting a new Outback for $40k but then I realized I will stay with Saturn till the bitter end. Once you find something you like you don't let go. Good luck I hope it is all you expect it to be.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Francophile50's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Francophile50 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Francophile50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 04:51 PM   #6
Russet
Russet will become famous soon enoughRusset will become famous soon enough

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
2002 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francophile50 View Post
I also was thinking of getting a new Outback for $40k but then I realized I will stay with Saturn till the bitter end. Once you find something you like you don't let go. Good luck I hope it is all you expect it to be.
Same here but least not forget to checkup requires Subaru more computer then car and fixes will cost more and some will require Dealer service bay work only. That's what I don't like no mater what vehicle.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Russet's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Russet reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Russet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 10:26 AM   #7
MikeNW
Master Member
MikeNW is just really niceMikeNW is just really niceMikeNW is just really niceMikeNW is just really niceMikeNW is just really nice

Location: Lower Alabama= God's country, if God wanted mosquito and red ant bites, and to be covered in mildew

1997 SL

Good luck! My sister bought a new Outback in 2015. She loves it. I must say, it rides nice.
We sold wife's 2002 L200 two years ago (bought a Forte). The L was a good car. It had too many miles though (over 200K).

97 SL. Born 6/5/97, bought 7/7/97
08 Burgman 400
02 Haro MTB- can't kill it, still trying though

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.
Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to MikeNW's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help MikeNW reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
MikeNW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 04:50 PM   #8
SLfun
Advanced Member
SLfun will become famous soon enough

1998 SL2
2006 ION Red Line

A friend of mine bought a new Impreza last month. 5 spd all wheel drive, it's hard to beat that! I agree, it is fun to drive, and I love the sound of that flat 4.

If I needed a new car I might get the same one, but I don't so I'll drive my Satty until the bitter end

My 96 SL2 and 98 SL1 have joined together to become one. So I guess I now have a 1996/8
SL1-2.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SLfun's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SLfun reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SLfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 05:26 PM   #9
floridasl22002
floridasl22002 is a splendid one to beholdfloridasl22002 is a splendid one to beholdfloridasl22002 is a splendid one to beholdfloridasl22002 is a splendid one to beholdfloridasl22002 is a splendid one to beholdfloridasl22002 is a splendid one to beholdfloridasl22002 is a splendid one to behold

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

My son (he drives his 2003 L300) and I (I drive a 2003 Suburban) went to the Central Florida Autoshow over Thanksgiving and several manufacturers were there offering Test drives. Only 2 brands appealed to use; Subaru and Mazda. When one drove, the other was passenger. He picked the Subaru Impreza and Mazda 3 hatch to drive and I picked the Subaru Crosstrek and Mazda 6 to drive. Impressed with them all.

The Impreza and Crosstrek are identical inside and mechanically pretty much the same. A big gripe from most motoring journalists is that they are slow. They don't offer a turbo version, that's in the next one up Forester and the Impreza 2.0 turbo engine is limited to the WRX.

My Sub is a great vehicle and you throw almost anything in it and it never breaks a sweat at all. Repairs are fairly simple BUT at 15 to the gallon, I'm on the Christmas card list of most gas stations!

I like the Subaru's for their honesty as vehicles. I could see myself in a Crosstrek or Impreza wagon.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to floridasl22002's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help floridasl22002 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
floridasl22002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 06:40 AM   #10
soulsurvives
soulsurvives is a name known to allsoulsurvives is a name known to allsoulsurvives is a name known to allsoulsurvives is a name known to allsoulsurvives is a name known to allsoulsurvives is a name known to all

2002 L-Series 2.2L Sedan
2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

I looked at the crosstek and impreza back in 2013. I found them to be way under powered and the cvt was terrible. I ended up buying a v6 Rav4. I like Subaru, but anyone I know that's had one has had to put head gaskets on them.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to soulsurvives's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help soulsurvives reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
soulsurvives is offline   Reply With Quote