SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech

Old 01-16-2014, 05:25 PM   #1
SC2driver2002
SC2driver2002 is on a distinguished road

Default I'm swapping the head unit on my car and need help, please!

I'm putting in a Sony head unit on my sc2 and have all the wires from the adapter spliced into the wire harness for the head unit. I reconnect the battery and the head unit makes a spinning type of noise but the faceplate won't illuminate. I put a CD in just to see if it would suck it in and it does but it won't play the music. like I said all the wires are spliced together but the only one that is missing is the orange wire on the adapter that say "illumination/ dash lighting". On the wiring harness for the head unit its self it does not have an orange wire or in the instruction manual does it show a wire that says anything about illumination, just a left over wire that is for AMP REM. Should I splice that wire to the orange one? Just for reference and to help anyone out the head unit is a Sony CDX-GT330. Your help is much appreciated

Edit: I went onto sonys website and looked up the wire colors and meanings and it says that white/orange are for illumination. Should I just splice together both the whites from the adapter and the wiring harness and splice the orange from the adapter to those two?

Last edited by SC2driver2002; 01-16-2014 at 05:33 PM.
SC2driver2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links

Tags
audio, head unit, help needed, sc2, wires