SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech

Old 02-05-2009, 06:01 PM   #1
SaturnJon
SaturnJon is on a distinguished road

2000 SL
Default Fixed "Camshaft Position Sensor" Engine Light

I am posting this in a new thread so that it may help others who have the "Camshaft Position Sensor" code come up.

I am not an expert by any means, and have heard here that the car doesn't have a camshaft position sensor. After some research here and by using the search function, some posited that it may be dirty ignition system/coil contacts, plugs, or wires.

Well, I took apart the coil packs and the ignition module (a 10 minute job) and cleaned every single inch of the contacts and the little round brass looking holes the screws go in to. I took a little sandpaper and lightly sanded off any light corrosion and used some QD Electrical Contact Cleaner and put it all back together. I threw on some new cheapo wires and NKG 7755 copper plugs as well.

Fired her up, the code didn't come back, and 200 miles later, still no code. Car is running smoothly, great MPG, and fires right up.

Give it a shot if you have this problem. It took me a total of 30 minutes and cost 29.95 for the plugs and wires.

I love it when a vehicle problem turns out to be an easy fix!
SaturnJon is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 02-05-2009, 08:19 PM   #2
OldNuc
OldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond repute

1998 SC2
Default Re: Fixed "Camshaft Position Sensor" Engine Light

The P0341 is usually an easy fix. New plugs and wires, and clean the coil pack usually makes it go away.
OldNuc is offline   Reply With Quote