SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn L-Series > L-Series General

Old 12-18-2008, 06:58 PM   #1
wilnaylor
wilnaylor is on a distinguished road

2002 L-Series 2.2L Wagon
Question dont have owner's manual, need help plz lol

when i bought i my car the last thing i thought to check for was the owner's manual and so far i can only find an order form to buy a replacement manual from saturn for $45 but i'd rather just by a chilton's book and be able to know everything about it, but right now i got a loose connection on my driver's door midrange speaker and i just bought a new set to replace the fronts + an amp and a 12" sub *smiles* but i cant find any wiring diagrams or info on the stereo gear, im keepin the factory deck, 4x tweeters and 2x rear mids but i dont wanna wreck my gear or car trying to freeball it and start ripping things apart hoping to install my new gear, does anybody have the stereo diagrams for the 2002 LW200 wagon with cd deck and 4x tweeters/4x mids? and if theres any other wiring running related to those? i need to find out how to remove the front door panels to replace the mids and wire up my amp to the deck....plz help, im still trying to track down a Chilton's book for the series but havent had any luck yet
wilnaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 12-18-2008, 07:24 PM   #2
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: dont have owner's manual, need help plz lol

Tried e-bay? A subscription to Alldata online? The alternative are the factory manuals for $$$ or Chiltons/Haynes for less and not as complete. Owner's manuals hardly have wiring diagrams and cover all the basics like fuse locations and fluid levels.
VCX NANO
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 10:12 AM   #3
wilnaylor
wilnaylor is on a distinguished road

2002 L-Series 2.2L Wagon
Dazed Re: dont have owner's manual, need help plz lol

heh actually when i went to Crappy Tire they had tons of haynes books (which are ****) but they only had 1 of the 3 saturn books (s-series) and when i asked the parts clerk if they had any Chilton's he said they have the set in the garage but they dont sell them lmao, they like to sell Haynes because they so sloppy you end up back there to pay them to fix it lol but i really want a Chilton's book for my car, i used to have 1 before and the info was insane, complete tear-down and rebuild/modify info, schematics, wiring diagrams for the whole electrical system, etc. but mine was '85 to '95 North American Domestics... but even for now i just wanna get my new front mids goin. i did find this last nite but it kinda scared and confused me a bit with the inaccurate #'s repeatedly,

Quote:
Q: How do you remove a 2002 Saturn L200 door speaker?

A: First you must remove the interior door panel, There are 3-4 screws at the bottom of the panel two in the door handle one behind upper speaker the also one behind the lock switch. You'll also have to remove the black panel that covers the mirror assembly and wiring. Bue careful with this panel a trim tool is recommended one that removed christmas tree style plugs. You should also use it to remove the door panel itself, gently pull on the edges of the door and you will find where the plugs are. Once the panel is off you must pull back the water proofing ( clear plastic ) then you can access the speaker. 3 screws remove the speaker, then you can un plug it and replace. There is a black seal around the speaker which actually serves to water proof your car door. Replacing this speaker with an aftermarket one is quite hard because not only is it held in with 3 screws (where most aftermarket ones are 4) but it will ruin your water seal and there is a chance your car could have water leakage. Be careful.
source: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_do_you...0_door_speaker
wiki answer (if you can clarify this edit the wiki plz)
2002 Saturn LW200 shaggin wagon (bought @ 161K > joined @ 170K > now @ 181K+ km's)
wilnaylor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
audio, how-to, speakers, wiring