SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Aura > Aura General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2018, 08:42 PM   #1
Glasact
Glasact is on a distinguished road

2009 AURA XR
2002 L-Series 2.2L Sedan
Default Comparable Replacement for "09 XR"

I just rolled over 74,000 on my 09 Saturn Aura XR. It has been, and continues to be a Great Car but is starting to get some age. What would be a comparable replacement that offers the same features and performance?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Glasact's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Glasact reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Glasact is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-2018, 08:28 AM   #2
gpartrid
Advanced Member
gpartrid will become famous soon enough

2008 AURA XR
2008 SKY Red Line
Default Re: Comparable Replacement for "09 XR"

I would say the Buick Regal. As you probably know, prior to Saturn being shuttered in 2010, it was slated to be the 2nd Gen. Saturn AURA. It's a good car and with the Buick Regal TourX sport wagon on the horizon, I'd probably be interested in it, had I not purchased the 2018 Equinox last year.

2008 AURA XR
Ocean Mist
Sunroof
Loaded!
Built: 07/19/07

2008 SKY RL
Silver Pearl
Black on Black
6 Disc w. Monsoon
Chrome Wheels
4 Pedals
GMPP Turbo Upgrade & CAI
Built: 09/20/07

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to gpartrid's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help gpartrid reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
gpartrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 09:21 AM   #3
onefunkar
Master Member
onefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the rough

2008 Outlook XR
2007 AURA XR

Assuming you have X r v6... agree with regal as that would have been new aura or look at optima Sx. Similar size and power. Probably better quality.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to onefunkar's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help onefunkar reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
onefunkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 10:23 AM   #4
gpartrid
Advanced Member
gpartrid will become famous soon enough

2008 AURA XR
2008 SKY Red Line

Perhaps even the 2017 / 2018 Chevy Impala? Darned nice car and FWD for those dicey snow days. Available in 2.5L or 3.6L. Not only does Consumer Reports like it, it's on their list of "Recommended" vehicles (2017). That has got to be good.

http://www.parsintl.com/eprints/Chevrolet/S038068-5.pdf

http://www.chevrolet.com/cars/impala-full-size-car

OneFunCar - nice to see you're still here! It's been a number of months for me but great to see some of the older members still active despite having moved on from the Saturn AURA (et al).

2008 AURA XR
Ocean Mist
Sunroof
Loaded!
Built: 07/19/07

2008 SKY RL
Silver Pearl
Black on Black
6 Disc w. Monsoon
Chrome Wheels
4 Pedals
GMPP Turbo Upgrade & CAI
Built: 09/20/07

Last edited by gpartrid; 02-13-2018 at 10:32 AM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to gpartrid's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help gpartrid reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
gpartrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 07:07 PM   #5
explorerbigjon
explorerbigjon will become famous soon enough

2008 AURA XE

If are open to leaving the GM side, you could pick up on a newer Toyota Camry V6 or Honda Accord EX/EXL/Touring V6 (before the new 2018 models). Kia has a nice selection of vehicles, you might like the Optima, Cadenza or perhaps the Stinger if you're looking at a cool performance sedan.

2008 Saturn Aura XE 3.5-Sport tuning T10 wheels-Dynomax bullet/Borla ProXS-eBay intake-Pioneer Premier 12 shallow mount/Kicker CXA600.1
Upgrades coming!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to explorerbigjon's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help explorerbigjon reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
explorerbigjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 10:53 PM   #6
onefunkar
Master Member
onefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the rough

2008 Outlook XR
2007 AURA XR

Thanks gpartrid.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to onefunkar's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help onefunkar reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
onefunkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 08:30 PM   #7
Glasact
Glasact is on a distinguished road

2009 AURA XR
2002 L-Series 2.2L Sedan

I'm actually thinking strongly about a Cadillac SRX. It still retains the 3.6 that I so dearly like and is nearly the same length as my Aura. (I park two cars deep in my garage and can't get much longer than the Aura.) I test drove a Buick Regal and liked everything about it except the 4 cylinder engine.
My wife really liked the Buick and it could be a contender for replacing her L-200 which is 15 years old and has 53,000 miles. I like the Impala, but it is a couple inches too long. I retired from Honda and drove them quite often. don't like the seat comfort in a Honda Accord on a trip.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Glasact's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Glasact reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Glasact is offline   Reply With Quote