SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Aura > Aura General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2018, 08:23 AM   #1
englepj
englepj is on a distinguished road

Question Traction Control Question

I have a 2007 Saturn Aura XR. We bought it used this past fall, and I have quickly learned about all the quirks this car has in the cold. Right now we are getting ready to get her ignition switch changed once it gets warmer and I can rely on her to start for more than one day. However, my question is about Traction Control. Twice now I've had a message about my Traction Control needing to be serviced. I'm not sure if this has just gone off because she hates the cold or not. I'm wondering how important traction control is? This will determine how quickly I get it looked at/fixed. If it is solely for winter road traction purpose, I'm in no hurry since she won't start in any weather under 32 degrees at the moment. But if this is a detrimental part of the car functioning properly/safely, I will get hot on getting it taken care of. I've never had a car with a traction control option before, so I am clueless. Also, is this an expensive fix or fairly reasonable? Thanks!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to englepj's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help englepj reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
englepj is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 02-05-2018, 03:03 PM   #2
onefunkar
Master Member
onefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the rough

2008 Outlook XR
2007 AURA XR
Default Re: Traction Control Question

Car will still run fine except probably no traction control, stability control and probably abs.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to onefunkar's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help onefunkar reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
onefunkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 06:43 PM   #3
explorerbigjon
explorerbigjon is on a distinguished road

2008 AURA XE
Default Re: Traction Control Question

^ This. Electronic Stability Control, ABS and Traction Control are grouped into one unit, if the computers see failure in the system then it disables those systems, won't have ABS, TC and ESC.

Recently I had the ESC and TC malfunction indication on, but also had the anti-theft/keyless entry/key light on, found out the connectors to the VCIM have worked themselves loose and I went in and unplugged it and plugged it back in with a firmer touch, no problem since.

2008 Saturn Aura XE 3.5-Sport tuning T10 wheels-Jones 22" muffler-eBay intake-Kicker CVR 12s
Upgrades coming!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to explorerbigjon's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help explorerbigjon reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
explorerbigjon is offline   Reply With Quote