SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech

Old 03-12-2021, 06:16 PM   #41
V3DT
V3DT will become famous soon enoughV3DT will become famous soon enough

Default Re: I went to check on a issue with my parking brake but found something way worse..

Painted & sealed it up, I would like to do more but I need it back together so I can get to work. So it'll have to wait or I should just start looking for another car that isn't a rolling fossil.

Last edited by V3DT; 03-12-2021 at 06:27 PM.
V3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-2021, 10:55 PM   #42
V3DT

Default Re: I went to check on a issue with my parking brake but found something way worse..

Old 03-14-2021, 12:55 PM   #43
V3DT

Does anyone know the torque specs for the rear seat, seat belts?

I'm having a hard time finding what they should be for some reason.

Old 03-14-2021, 01:30 PM   #44
Zeebins
Zeebins has much to be proud ofZeebins has much to be proud ofZeebins has much to be proud ofZeebins has much to be proud ofZeebins has much to be proud ofZeebins has much to be proud ofZeebins has much to be proud ofZeebins has much to be proud of

1997 SL2

I can check the factory service manual when I get home from work. Iím guessing itís probably equal to 4-5 ugga-duggas
97 SL2, auto, 123K miles
Zeebins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 02:53 PM   #45
V3DT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeebins View Post
I can check the factory service manual when I get home from work. Iím guessing itís probably equal to 4-5 ugga-duggas
The driver's side took like 3 minutes of ugga-duggas to get off, while the passenger side was a lot easier & the center ones just zipped off in a second.

From what I can tell is someone has been there before & over torqued the driver's side to the point it dug deep into the plastic for the bench seat & cracked it.
Old 03-14-2021, 06:24 PM   #46
V3DT

Just went with what felt right. If someone posts the torque specs or I find them somewhere & I feel it needs adjusted, the seat cushion is easy to remove at least.

Last edited by V3DT; 03-14-2021 at 06:38 PM.
Old 03-14-2021, 10:27 PM   #47
Zeebins
Zeebins has much to be proud ofZeebins has much to be proud ofZeebins has much to be proud ofZeebins has much to be proud ofZeebins has much to be proud ofZeebins has much to be proud ofZeebins has much to be proud ofZeebins has much to be proud of

1997 SL2

37 ft/lbs for the rear seat bolt to floor pan. Almost all of the seatbelt related bolts are 37 ft/lbs actually.

Only two that are different is the front seat buckles requiring 55 ft/lbs, and the rear seat belts to shelf panel is 89 in/lbs for the coupes only.
97 SL2, auto, 123K miles
Zeebins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 11:29 PM   #48
V3DT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeebins View Post
37 ft/lbs for the rear seat bolt to floor pan. Almost all of the seatbelt related bolts are 37 ft/lbs actually.

Only two that are different is the front seat buckles requiring 55 ft/lbs, and the rear seat belts to shelf panel is 89 in/lbs for the coupes only.
Thank you. I had put them at 27ft/lb, I'll have to tighten them a bit more. I'll likely have to replace the plastic seat support though because it was cracking more while tightening the driver's side bolt down. By 37ft/lb I bet it'll crack completely through.

^ That is at 27ft/lb, the damage to the plastic was already there. Someone in the past must of really torqued it down too tight.

I wonder what Pullapart would charge for that piece?

Last edited by V3DT; 03-14-2021 at 11:43 PM.