SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Ion > Ion Mods
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-17-2019, 08:01 PM   #1
oxyhydro
oxyhydro has a spectacular aura aboutoxyhydro has a spectacular aura aboutoxyhydro has a spectacular aura about

2005 ION-3 Quad Coupe
Default Fog lights on when high beams turn on?

05 saturn ion3 coupe....I have did some research and havent really found any info after looking on here, I know that there is no relay for headlights which sucks so I cant jump it, and that it goes to the bcm. I was thinking maybe taping into the hi-beam wire even tho it's a ground with low beams on and using a diode going to the fog power but I'm not sure how this will work, or maybe doing something at the headlamp switch going to fog light button since its easy access for them. It just makes me worry with bcm being touchy. I do know how to disable it from turning off with high beams if fogs are already on but I want them to come on with highs even if there off, maybe theres a way to just use a diode from pen to pen on bcm like I've seen on GM trucks but I'm not sure what to do.

support your local 81!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to oxyhydro's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help oxyhydro reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
oxyhydro is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 02-17-2019, 09:26 PM   #2
oxyhydro
oxyhydro has a spectacular aura aboutoxyhydro has a spectacular aura aboutoxyhydro has a spectacular aura about

2005 ION-3 Quad Coupe
Default Re: Fog lights on when high beams turn on?

Also I wanted to say that I got new bulbs for the fogs which are the same as headlamp bulb, I wanted to match what I have in my headlights already so there just as bright. I go back and forth between hig beams and fogs for the highs but would be nice just to use both. The fogs lights up alot of the sides of the road where headlights dont shine they also light up pot holes and other stuff better on the road and me living in the woods and do around 100miles a day and 90% of it is at night it would be nice to have even if I disable the fogs completely and use them for just second pair high beams so does anyone have any thoughts?

support your local 81!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help oxyhydro reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 02-19-2019, 12:31 AM   #3
oxyhydro

2005 ION-3 Quad Coupe

I was think maybe just doing the relay thing where you tap into the hi beam then just connect to the fogs. But I do know you can bend the one prong on the fog relay to get it to not turn off with the high beams but that's not what i want, what about maybe bending that prong then use a wire from the high beam wire and connect to the bent prong but it's just a hunch, it has to be simpler, like just tapping into the fog relay with HB wire or something to just get the fogs to power with high beams even if the fog button off. I know I can definitely get a relay and just do it like that and and I guess doing that will get rid of the fog light part and just a second set hb's or just doing that then tapping into the fogs which still keeping the fog function just not 9n hi beams... these are just ideas from my research and im just not sure how I should go about it

support your local 81!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 02-19-2019, 10:43 PM   #4
oxyhydro

2005 ION-3 Quad Coupe

I came up with this, I hope this works. I just have to wait for relay to come in.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190219_214046.jpg (92.3 KB, 6 views)

support your local 81!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 02-28-2019, 07:54 AM   #5
oxyhydro

2005 ION-3 Quad Coupe

Well I ended up hooking it up like this and it work perfectly, it's alot better on the sides of the road with hb on!

support your local 81!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!