SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-25-2019, 06:36 PM   #1
AlexDetrojan
AlexDetrojan is on a distinguished road

Default Hot and Cold Problem

Hello everyone. I have a rather odd problem with my 2006 Saturn Vue 2.2L
During cool/cold weather my Vue drives like a charm, very zippy. When the weather is warm or particularly hot it drives like it is struggling to accelerate. So here's it's background: In park or neutral, the engine revs freely, the transmission also runs perfectly. It has just over 200,000 kms, maintained regularly. Its been tuned last fall so plugs are good. Air filter is always clean and changed by me.I've taken it to numerous mechanics and mentioned this problem and none of them had heard of this or offered any solution. I'm at a loss as to what to do. Thought it might have something to do with winter/summer fuel, but I don't know. Thought there might be a vapor lock issue but my tank is usually always full and I use reputable gas, the only other straw I am grasping at is that possibly the fuel filter needs changing...so I'm at a loss. Any insights and possible solutions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Alex

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to AlexDetrojan's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help AlexDetrojan reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
AlexDetrojan is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 05-26-2019, 10:56 AM   #2
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: Hot and Cold Problem

200k kms is 124,274 miles for us not on the metric system.

Summer/winter gas isn't the problem. Winter has more aromatic blends so fuel can vaporize easier in freezing temps. Summer gas from warmth easily vaporizes. With EFI systems and higher fuel pressures (between 35-60 psi) compared to older carburetors (approximately 7 psi), vapor lock is no longer an issue. The hallmark of EFI systems in reliable and consistent instant starting in summer and winter when everything's right. It won't matter if a tank is near empty or full for near instant starting.

Early Vues have a permanent fuel filter integrated into the fuel pump/ fuel level assembly. No one has reported finding a blocked filter in Vues yet. Check if your fuel filter in inside the tank or external, under the chassis for easy replacement. One way to check for fuel pressure would be connecting a f/p gauge to the fuel test valve on the fuel rail on the engine. Here in America, AutoZone and other stores provide loaner tools. I didn't know about Canada (presuming you're Canadian). Fuel pressure is instant as soon as ignition is turned on.

In depth troubleshooting may be needed to determine this peculiar problem.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 11:08 AM   #3
AlexDetrojan
AlexDetrojan is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Hot and Cold Problem

Thanks fdryer will check that out. Yes I'm from Canada and We have Autozone and Napa. Will check into the fuel filter(have a feeling it's part of fuel pump/level assembly.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to AlexDetrojan's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help AlexDetrojan reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
AlexDetrojan is offline   Reply With Quote