SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Mods
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-01-2010, 10:15 PM   #1
turbogtu
turbogtu is on a distinguished road

Default tgp ecm to run turbo on 1.9l saturn

Just searching the mods section and didn't see anyone running the turbo grand prix code. It uses a 7x crank trigger much like the saturn 1.9. You can use either the 88-94 grand prix 727 ecms or the beretta type 730 ecm. Just flash the eprom/eeprom with the moded tgp code. Changing values from 6 cylinder to 4, and remaping the fueling. THeres plenty of support for it. Like wideband and live datastream recording. Flash on the fly from moats.net. THough it will only work for the 5spd.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to turbogtu's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help turbogtu reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
turbogtu is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-2010, 10:22 PM   #2
PurdueGuy
Master Member
PurdueGuy is a jewel in the roughPurdueGuy is a jewel in the roughPurdueGuy is a jewel in the rough

1999 SC2
1999 SC1
Default Re: tgp ecm to run turbo on 1.9l saturn

Are you saying this is something you've done?

SaturnSeries.net owner

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to PurdueGuy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help PurdueGuy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
PurdueGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 10:50 PM   #3
turbogtu

Nope, haven't done it yet. Just throwing it out there as an option vs megasquirt or the like. I could see using the caviler 2.2 isuzu coil pack, modual to control spark.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help turbogtu reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-02-2010, 12:19 AM   #4
Leafy
Leafy is on a distinguished road

1994 SL2

I dont see this working unless you're extremely retardely lucky.

1994 SL2 HCE auto 113 hp 113 lbft (wheel) backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier SS
For Sale: FlyWheel, Shifter assembly, Clutch Hydros, 1st gen 5 spd PCM. PM me for prices.

WPI class of '12 ME

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Leafy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Leafy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 12:18 PM   #5
PurdueGuy
Master Member
PurdueGuy is a jewel in the roughPurdueGuy is a jewel in the roughPurdueGuy is a jewel in the rough

1999 SC2
1999 SC1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafy View Post
I dont see this working unless you're extremely retardely lucky.
While I'm a bit skeptical, it does have a chance if someone knows what they're doing.

SaturnSeries.net owner

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help PurdueGuy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-02-2010, 12:21 PM   #6
Leafy

1994 SL2

it has a chance if they use the same pcm, if the pcm is different then you just have to pray that the OS you install on the chip will be able to figure out what the titty **** is going on and get all the inputs and outputs right. oh and dont forget you'll have to fake a cam sensor by using that output from the saturn icm or actually add a cam sensor.

2002 Chevy Cavalier SS
For Sale: FlyWheel, Shifter assembly, Clutch Hydros, 1st gen 5 spd PCM. PM me for prices.

WPI class of '12 ME

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Leafy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-03-2010, 12:42 AM   #7
turbogtu

The tgp code, ecm doesn't need a cam sensor since its not a a sequential injection ecm. Just needs a ICM from a caviler (were omiting the saturn ICM). Run it off the stock Satun crank trigger. The code just needs to be able to control the spark advance, and this ICM will "speak" its languag..ie pwm. The TGP code will work on the '730, '727, '749 ecm. These are found on 88-92 gm cars and rare syclone/typhon. I'd have to check my documentation but I think the sy/ty and grand am turbo code will also work on the cavi icm. The sy/ty has some 3bar codes out there or using the hacked $59 3bar code. TGP still uses the 2bar map sensor.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 03-03-2010, 12:45 AM   #8
PurdueGuy
Master Member

1999 SC2
1999 SC1

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbogtu View Post
The tgp code, ecm doesn't need a cam sensor since its not a a sequential injection ecm. Just needs a ICM from a caviler (were omiting the saturn ICM). Run it off the stock Satun crank trigger. The code just needs to be able to control the spark advance, and this ICM will "speak" its languag..ie pwm. The TGP code will work on the '730, '727, '749 ecm. These are found on 88-92 gm cars and rare syclone/typhon. I'd have to check my documentation but I think the sy/ty and grand am turbo code will also work on the cavi icm. The sy/ty has some 3bar codes out there or using the hacked $59 3bar code. TGP still uses the 2bar map sensor.
You should probably be talking to people on sixthsphere.com about this stuff. Most of the people on this site are mainly interested in getting the best fuel economy they can. Sixthsphere is where most of the turbo guys are at.

SaturnSeries.net owner

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 03-03-2010, 12:49 AM   #9
Low Saturn
Low Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to behold

2000 SC2

Shure as heck isnt plug and play. A whole lot of rewiring would have to be done. This is a 1993 Grand Prix 727 PCM.

And here is what a 91-95 PCM looks like

1996-1999:

2000-2002:

Mike

-1991 Turbo SL2.
11.809 @ 116.488 mph
www.differentracing.com

-2000 SC2
-2001 Limited Edition SC2 (#78)
-2001 Chevrolet Suburban
-2011 Rally Yellow Chevrolet Camaro 2SS RS

Last edited by Low Saturn; 03-03-2010 at 12:55 AM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Low Saturn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Low Saturn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Low Saturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 09:29 PM   #10
turbogtu

Ok, I see. Yup, nothing is plug and play, but having both wiring diagrams will help. Theres a site that list all the I/O of said ECMs. You'd have to use the Cavi or Beretta memcal though from a 4 banger since it has the spark "limp" mode tables in there.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 03-04-2010, 09:36 PM   #11
Leafy

1994 SL2

you might also be able to use the J-body pcm since those are also 7x crank triggers (and we wish they were 54x so that we could use LSJ and 2.4 bottom ends).

2002 Chevy Cavalier SS

WPI class of '12 ME

REWARD EXCELLENCE!