SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Aura > Aura General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-25-2019, 12:26 PM   #1
Wessmith33
Wessmith33 is on a distinguished road

Default No radio or turn signals clicks after starter swap

Changed struts, shocks and starter on 07 aura and now the radio will not power on and the turn signals or hazards do not click when they flash. Did I forget a ground or unhook something by mistake. Fuses look good. There is a component in the the trunk on the left side quarter panel that I hit a few times trying to squeeze my 6í1 ass into the trunk to swap shocks, could that be the issue. Thanks all

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Wessmith33's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Wessmith33 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Wessmith33 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 05-25-2019, 02:21 PM   #2
imaddicted2u
imaddicted2u is just really niceimaddicted2u is just really niceimaddicted2u is just really niceimaddicted2u is just really nice

2008 AURA XE
Default Re: No radio or turn signals clicks after starter swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wessmith33 View Post
Changed struts, shocks and starter on 07 aura and now the radio will not power on and the turn signals or hazards do not click when they flash. Did I forget a ground or unhook something by mistake. Fuses look good. There is a component in the the trunk on the left side quarter panel that I hit a few times trying to squeeze my 6í1 ass into the trunk to swap shocks, could that be the issue. Thanks all
I didn't need to do anything in the trunk to change rear shocks. I changed mine, didn't even take the back tires off. Just jacked it up a bit so I could reach in above the tire to get the 2 nuts off the studs. I backed it up on ramps to get the bottom bolt out. Put the shocks in place, installed the bottom bolts, drove it off the ramps. Jacked it up a bit to install the top nuts on the studs.
Hard to see how changing struts and shock could affect the radio and signal lights.
On the starter, there are 2 wires on the connection stud. I almost missed the second one when I was putting mine back together. Don't know what kind of weird stuff could happen if one was not connected.
I've had ground wires break off that caused all kinds of wacky stuff to happen.
Without removing the trunk liner, the only component I see on the left rear quarter panel on my Aura is the rear fuse box. There is a fuse for an amplifier in it. Nothing for signal lights.
Are you checking the fuses in the box on the passenger side of the center console too?

2008 Saturn Aura XE 3.5L 4 spd
2000 Saturn SL1 1.9L SOHC (Retired)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to imaddicted2u's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help imaddicted2u reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
imaddicted2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 03:43 PM   #3
Wessmith33

Yes I checked all the fuses. Also noticed there is now no chimes for anything....key in, headlamps on, door ajar...nothing. Canít find a chime fuse or chime module so not sure what issue is.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Wessmith33 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-25-2019, 03:51 PM   #4
imaddicted2u
imaddicted2u is just really niceimaddicted2u is just really niceimaddicted2u is just really niceimaddicted2u is just really nice

2008 AURA XE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wessmith33 View Post
Yes I checked all the fuses. Also noticed there is now no chimes for anything....key in, headlamps on, door ajar...nothing. Canít find a chime fuse or chime module so not sure what issue is.
Chimes function is built in the radio and fed out of the front driver door speaker.
Have you disconnected the battery and reconnected it?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help imaddicted2u reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-25-2019, 06:24 PM   #5
Wessmith33

Yes several times. No change. Canít imagine any wire down by the starter that would be radio connected. Iíve double checked all fuses too. Maybe the radio unit just took a **** but I figured at least the clock would work. Nada

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 05-25-2019, 06:51 PM   #6
imaddicted2u

2008 AURA XE

Just came across this, you might find it helpful.
https://www.2carpros.com/questions/2...do-not-working

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 05-26-2019, 07:14 AM   #7
imaddicted2u

2008 AURA XE

There is a known issue with the BCM connections getting corroded. There was a recall for when the increased resistance affected brakes. Not your issue but since the BCM turns the radio on, you might get lucky if you clean the BCM connector and apply dielectric grease. Plug it in and out a few time before finally seating the plug.
The BCM and connector are integral to the instrument panel fuse box in the passenger compartment. (I'm not responsible for any damages caused by trying ths... )

https://www.consumeraffairs.com/news...ms-051614.html

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 05-26-2019, 07:21 AM   #8
imaddicted2u

2008 AURA XE

Pic of BCM

REWARD EXCELLENCE!