SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Mods
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-30-2005, 01:58 AM   #1
teews04
teews04 is on a distinguished road

Roll Eyes 1999 sL1, wiring diagram ignition to starter relays etc.

I need a closer look at the wiring under dash to ignition, to starter motor relay etc. I had an alarm problem, no start, the alarm is removed, now I have an electrical problem. It began when my alarm seemed to malfunction, the car wouldn't start, I kept hitting the alarm button til it started, after 3-4 more incidents as that(would even quit while driving) it just quit, I hit the alarm, several times, nothing but it did crank, popped the clutch, pushed, never started. Now seems like alarm guy may have switched some connectors wipers ?etc. Originally thought a spark disabled or starter kill... now theres no power only from ignition to dash. Oh, forgive me for no manners! Hi everyone, pleased to meet you all!hi I am single woman and am not much of a mechanic, desperate to get my car running and given up on the mechanic...got 2 days left to move out and move my car also.... I thought I'd take a look myself .. maybe.. but need a better wiring diagram maybe and relays or???

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to teews04's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help teews04 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
teews04 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 12-30-2005, 10:25 PM   #2
ssicarman
ssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: 1999 sL1, wiring diagram ignition to starter relays etc.

Welcome to the Board.

Hard to decipher exactly what is going on with the car from your description.

Assumption is that the engine is not even cranking over. Has the alarm system been removed completely from the car and all of the tampered with wiring put right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by teews04
now theres no power only from ignition to dash.
Does the above mean that you have no power to anything in the car???

At this point with your time constraints if you can tow the car to your new location that may be a good option. Can you provide a more clear picture of what is actually happening or more likely what is not happening?

A lousy day in paradise is still a day in paradise.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ssicarman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ssicarman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ssicarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 02:29 AM   #3
sierrap615
Master Member
sierrap615 is on a distinguished road

Default Re: 1999 sL1, wiring diagram ignition to starter relays etc.

i'm with SSIcarman, i'm a little confused about what systems are working and what aren't. in the meantime, here are two diagrams i upload awhile ago, one for the ignition switch and one for the ignition system.

http://www.saturnfans.com/photos/sho...p/photo/15349/
http://www.saturnfans.com/photos/sho...p/photo/18774/

Formerly - Saturn of Downers Grove Parts Department
Current - Castle Chevy in Villa Park Parts Department

EPA 608 Certification
EPA 609 Certification

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to sierrap615's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help sierrap615 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
sierrap615 is offline   Reply With Quote