SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-16-2012, 04:53 PM   #1
bobbyegan
bobbyegan is on a distinguished road

Default 2002 sl2 stutter/stall

I have a 2002 saturn sl2. I just changed the plugs and wires, changed the fuel filter, put a new ects in it, and a new egr valve. The car now stutters when i push the gas! It idles fine, but when i push the gas to take off, it stutters like it's not getting gas and sometimes stalls. It only happens after it warms up. Even when i'm cruising at 60mph, and i press on the gass it will studder.
trying to locate the map sensor so i can clean the port, but i can't locate. there is a tps and something that looks like it right next to it on the throttle body, and there is kind of a rectangle thing below both these units with a plug, but i do not see any bolts to disconnect.

any help would be great, it's definately wearing on the car, and me.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bobbyegan's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bobbyegan reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
bobbyegan is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 03-16-2012, 05:13 PM   #2
bluesl2
bluesl2 is a glorious beacon of lightbluesl2 is a glorious beacon of lightbluesl2 is a glorious beacon of lightbluesl2 is a glorious beacon of lightbluesl2 is a glorious beacon of light

Default Re: 2002 sl2 stutter/stall

Check to make sure your plug wires are on the coils correctly, specifically #1 and #4 wires.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bluesl2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bluesl2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
bluesl2 is offline   Reply With Quote