SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > 2008 Vue
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-17-2019, 11:42 PM   #1
CierraSimmons
CierraSimmons is on a distinguished road

2008 VUE 3.6L
Default Under hood fuse block fire

I bought my vue xr awd 3.6l used at 208000 miles. It had some existing issues, leaks around the seal of the windshield during weeks of heavy rains, traction control + awd disabled, bad #6 spark plug connector thing, thermostat faulty, needed battery, computer (on top of battery) was replaced in March and either my abs modulator or pump needs replaced. But these repairs were a lot cheaper than the transmission and entire front suspension/control assembly of my dodge.
Yesterday evening I drove 5 miles at most, 15 to 20 minutes after shutting the car off my horn honked for about 5 seconds. I checked my key fob and the buttons weren't stuck, about 2 minutes later it starts honking again but it didn't stop, when I got outside the wipers were going and wiper fluid was squirting out in a steady stream, we started the car checked to make sure the radio and things where turned off and they were. When we popped the hood there was dark grey smoke coming from the fuse block. When I removed the cover every fuse and relay in the block was smoking the worst of it coming from the cluster to the far right. Fire extinguisher didn't put it out, we had to call the fire department. The entire fuse block melted and half of it was burned into crumbling ash/plastic.... It felt like an old foam radiator hose that has dry rotted and then been soaked in old oily water.
Has anyone else had this type of issue? Any ideas what could have caused this?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to CierraSimmons's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help CierraSimmons reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
CierraSimmons is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links