SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue Red Line
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2018, 03:02 PM   #21
JRSTANGE
JRSTANGE is on a distinguished road

Default Re: 05 Vue Redline top speed

Digging this up front the dead. Flame away. I don't care.

Regardless I acquired my wifes 2005 saturn vue redline as my new daily. Of course it have near 200k on it and is pretty work cosmetically on the interior. Exterior looks great. Since then I have been restoring it back to it's prime. New brakes and lines all the way around. Every suspension component replaces and megan lowering springs. Which beleive it or not lowered my redline vue about 2 - 2.25 inches from taking measurements prior to replacing the tired worn out spring which the rears were broke anyway. So the list goes on and on from mechanical to cosmetic. At this time all I have left is sourcing two front seats, headliner, carpet and floor mats and it will look like new once again and it feels and drives like new now.

Regardless way back in the day when I had my turbo saturn and the wife and I were messing around on the highway one lone night her vue reline appeared to be governed by about 110mph while the turbo turd kept going without a governor thanks to mega squirt.

So all this time I thought it's top was 110 mph. However, since I have been driving it I never put more less than 93 octane in it as I do with all my cars. Doesn't matter if it's suggested or not I use it. Moving on Since all the maintenance has been done and with 93 in the tank I found my self in a situation trying to put some distance between another driver and my self. When I found it was pushing 120mph and climbing by the time I let off.

I know when I test drove an ion redline which is supposed to be governed higher than 110 and it's max was limited to that for the low grade gas they were using I assume. So food for thought some of this may be depending on the gas you are using and the amount of knock or something else that is or isn't being picked up.

Not that I plan on testing the vue redline anytime soon. Would rather not beat on the daily. But, I am curious to try at least one more time on some lonely road to see what it is governed to. As well monitor it via gps.

1999 Saturn SL Forged DOHC Turbo-Parted out
1997 Saturn SL2 cams and bolt ons daily driver
2005 Saturn Vue Redline - Wife's Daily Driver
1990 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX - Fair Weather Toy car

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to JRSTANGE's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help JRSTANGE reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
JRSTANGE is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 02-23-2018, 04:00 PM   #22
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

Review engine specs, tach redline and original tire specs. Original tires spelled out maximum speed along with programmed rev limiting at idle and at speed. At speed, the vehicle is speed limited (programmed) not to exceed original tire specs (speed rating). There was a member denouncing GM and venting his anger here about racing in his local area to get top speed where everyone couldn't convince him to try it on a closed race track. He threatened to sue GM and went away in anger, frustrated with programmed rev and speed limits........ I believe he was/is a street racer with no internet to prove anything on a track. All he wanted was to prove how fast his ride was until informed of programmed limits.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 11:26 PM   #23
newbievueowner
newbievueowner is a jewel in the roughnewbievueowner is a jewel in the roughnewbievueowner is a jewel in the roughnewbievueowner is a jewel in the rough

2006 VUE Red Line

125 governed I believe...

Saturn Vue: The 250 HP tupperware

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to newbievueowner's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help newbievueowner reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
newbievueowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 04:37 AM   #24
dondiks
dondiks is on a distinguished road

Why is there a difference in the compuer if the motor are exactly the same? my 05 nonRL only hits 100. Can I put a 05 rl compuer in mine? As far as I know the only difference is a suspension pkg and ground effects....

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to dondiks's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help dondiks reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
dondiks is offline   Reply With Quote