SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-07-2019, 08:09 PM   #1
NWSaturn247
NWSaturn247 will become famous soon enoughNWSaturn247 will become famous soon enough

1999 SL2
Default How accurate is your odometer?

I have taken my '99 SL2 through a 5 mile interstate odometer check many times and it records 5 miles every time. My car has the spec 185-65-15 tires.

Recent trip, my GB app recorded the exact mileage as my odometer recorded, 184 miles. Impressive.

1999 SL2 A4 -86k miles
Currently sipping Mobil 1 & LiquiMoly mos2

TCW3 dosed fuel

https://www.ls1.com/forums/f48/been-testing-oil-91206/

1993 SL2 SOLD @189k

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to NWSaturn247's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help NWSaturn247 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
NWSaturn247 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 11-08-2019, 08:37 AM   #2
onlinebiker
Advanced Member
onlinebiker is a glorious beacon of lightonlinebiker is a glorious beacon of lightonlinebiker is a glorious beacon of lightonlinebiker is a glorious beacon of lightonlinebiker is a glorious beacon of lightonlinebiker is a glorious beacon of light

Default Re: How accurate is your odometer?

Which one?

The gen 2 and 3 are pretty good but all 6 of the gen 1 cars I have owned - the odometer didn't work.

92 SC2
93 SC2
96 SC2
97 SL2
97 SC2
99 SC2
01 SC2 x 2 yellow
02 SC2
02 SL2
parts
2 94 SC2 parted out
2 96 SC2
98 SC2 - rusty frame minus engine.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to onlinebiker's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help onlinebiker reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
onlinebiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 12:27 PM   #3
Zeebins
Advanced Member
Zeebins is a splendid one to beholdZeebins is a splendid one to beholdZeebins is a splendid one to beholdZeebins is a splendid one to beholdZeebins is a splendid one to beholdZeebins is a splendid one to beholdZeebins is a splendid one to behold

1997 SL2

Mine always seems to be spot on with google maps. I donít always want to have my phone mounted to the windshield so I just go by the miles it says until the next exit and keep track with the trip odometer.

97 SL2, auto, 117K miles
Powered by Plastic

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Zeebins's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Zeebins reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Zeebins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 10:21 PM   #4
Mister_Cee
Mister_Cee is a jewel in the roughMister_Cee is a jewel in the roughMister_Cee is a jewel in the rough

1996 SW2

My '96 SW2 main odometer is "spot on" with road signage and with my Garmin GPS trip meter.

The trip odometer ? To say "not so much" would be an understatement lol

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Mister_Cee's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Mister_Cee reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Mister_Cee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 05:27 PM   #5
onefunkar
Master Member
onefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the rough

2008 Outlook XR
2007 AURA XR

Iíve found it changes over 1 percent just on tire wear. Even different brand of same size tire. Even tire pressure.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to onefunkar's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help onefunkar reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
onefunkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 02:41 AM   #6
PrestonIII
PrestonIII has a spectacular aura aboutPrestonIII has a spectacular aura aboutPrestonIII has a spectacular aura about

1994 SL2
1994 SL2

I run perpetually with a Garmin GPS on the dash. I never take it down off the dash, ever. I even wired the GPS into power permanently at the fuse box so it comes on when I turn the key.

My 94 SL2 trip odometer is always within a few tenth's of a mile in agreement with the distance traveled shown on the GPS at fuel fillup's (about 330 miles).

I did have to replace the two tiny gears in my odometer last year with parts ordered from a guy in Europe.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to PrestonIII's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help PrestonIII reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
PrestonIII is offline   Reply With Quote