SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-14-2016, 12:14 PM   #1
oxfordbrent
oxfordbrent is on a distinguished road

Default 2004 Vue Automatic Loc issue

I have a 2004 Vue FWD VD that recently has had an issue with the automatic door locks. The button on the door doesn't work, but the doors do automatically lock if I put the car in drive. A workaround to be able to lock all doors including the hatch that I've been doing is to put it in drive, let it lock all doors automatically and then cut the engine off before putting it back in park. Is this a fuse issue and if so, which one? Thanks

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to oxfordbrent's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help oxfordbrent reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
oxfordbrent is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 04-14-2016, 12:49 PM   #2
far2grumpy
Master Member
far2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to behold

2005 VUE 3.5L
2007 VUE 3.5L
Default Re: 2004 Vue Automatic Loc issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxfordbrent View Post
I have a 2004 Vue FWD VD that recently has had an issue with the automatic door locks. The button on the door doesn't work, but the doors do automatically lock if I put the car in drive. A workaround to be able to lock all doors including the hatch that I've been doing is to put it in drive, let it lock all doors automatically and then cut the engine off before putting it back in park. Is this a fuse issue and if so, which one? Thanks
Welcome to Saturn orphan central.

More questions than answers at this point:

1. So, you don't have keyless entry?

2. Have you tried front passenger door/unlock switch?

3. Will either switch unlock doors after you use your method to lock?

Its probably safe to say BCM and lock and unlock relay network is still working OK.

This does leave you with possibly one or more bad switches or perhaps broken wire in door hinge area.

We'll be able to provide better assistance after you answer questions.

I try to visit forum often but suggest you use private messages if in a rush (comes to cell) and include email address for extracts. I seldom check visitor messages so please don't use.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to far2grumpy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help far2grumpy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
far2grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 01:19 PM   #3
oxfordbrent
oxfordbrent is on a distinguished road

Thanks for taking a look at this!

1. So, you don't have keyless entry? no

2. Have you tried front passenger door/unlock switch? Yes, neither works

3. Will either switch unlock doors after you use your method to lock? No, I can only unlock manually by pushing the knob open on each door or by cranking the car and it automatically opens all doors.

Last edited by oxfordbrent; 04-14-2016 at 01:21 PM.. Reason: Unnecessary text copied into post

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to oxfordbrent's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help oxfordbrent reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
oxfordbrent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 02:22 PM   #4
far2grumpy
Master Member
far2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to behold

2005 VUE 3.5L
2007 VUE 3.5L

Check for blown LOCK/MIRROR 10A fuse in Instrument Panel fuse block.

The cover would be next to seated front passengers left foot and there's a map on back of cover.

I try to visit forum often but suggest you use private messages if in a rush (comes to cell) and include email address for extracts. I seldom check visitor messages so please don't use.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to far2grumpy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help far2grumpy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
far2grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote