SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2011, 02:39 PM   #1
cris_thomas
Advanced Member
cris_thomas is on a distinguished road

2001 SC2
1995 SC2
Default One less Saturn Owner

While the divorce papers have been filed and delivered there will always be a small torch carried.

After 237K with an oil pan gasket seeping, a seeping plastic side tank on the radiator, worn tie rod ends, warped rear sway bar end links, non functioning interior dome lights, leaky passengers side door, rust in the frame, it was time. The 2001 SC2 limited edition yellow is no more. She will turn twelve next month.

So ends my fifteen years of Saturn ownership. From a 94 SL2 to a 95SC2 to the 2001 SC2 limited edition yellow. Some 40+ SCCA Solo races in ES and STS including 3rd place at the Canadian Nationals. 1st in the ProSolo Bonus Round in VA in 99? I will miss Saturn.

The new fling has already started with a 2005 Nissan 350Z, in yellow of course. Only 9400 miles young. The future is wide open.

- C. Thomas

P.S. Hey GM, the odds of me ever owning another one of your vehicles are slim to none. You kept Buick over Saturn? That proves you have NO vision.

- Cris Thomas
SPOC New England
http://www.spocne.org

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to cris_thomas's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help cris_thomas reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
cris_thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 03-27-2011, 04:08 PM   #2
Ramics
Advanced Member
Ramics is on a distinguished road

1996 SC2
Default Re: One less Saturn Owner

I also own a V-6 Nissan. Great engine. Best wishes with the price of gasoline.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Ramics's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Ramics reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Ramics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 04:16 PM   #3
2NDSOUT
Master Member
2NDSOUT is just really nice2NDSOUT is just really nice2NDSOUT is just really nice2NDSOUT is just really nice2NDSOUT is just really nice

1994 SL2
1999 SL

Quote:
Originally Posted by cris_thomas View Post
While the divorce papers have been filed and delivered there will always be a small torch carried.

After 237K with an oil pan gasket seeping, a seeping plastic side tank on the radiator, worn tie rod ends, warped rear sway bar end links, non functioning interior dome lights, leaky passengers side door, rust in the frame, it was time. The 2001 SC2 limited edition yellow is no more. She will turn twelve next month.

So ends my fifteen years of Saturn ownership. From a 94 SL2 to a 95SC2 to the 2001 SC2 limited edition yellow. Some 40+ SCCA Solo races in ES and STS including 3rd place at the Canadian Nationals. 1st in the ProSolo Bonus Round in VA in 99? I will miss Saturn.

The new fling has already started with a 2005 Nissan 350Z, in yellow of course. Only 9400 miles young. The future is wide open.

- C. Thomas

P.S. Hey GM, the odds of me ever owning another one of your vehicles are slim to none. You kept Buick over Saturn? That proves you have NO vision.
Sorry to see that the car will be going away. Just FYI, one of the reasons why GM kept Buick is because Buick sales globally in China are like Gold. Just saying...the Chinese are having a huge love affair with Buicks.

Bryan

94SL2 HCE, "Pearl"

99 SL

94SL2 260K Miles
1/15

97SW2 266K Miles
2/15

Always
94SC1 340,501 Miles
Org. Engine/Auto Trans
2/97-10/08
Gone 3/12

92SL1
05VUE
91SC

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 2NDSOUT's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 2NDSOUT reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
2NDSOUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 04:37 PM   #4
OHCPower
OHCPower will become famous soon enough

1996 SL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2NDSOUT View Post
Sorry to see that the car will be going away. Just FYI, one of the reasons why GM kept Buick is because Buick sales globally in China are like Gold. Just saying...the Chinese are having a huge love affair with Buicks.
They must all be old people.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to OHCPower's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help OHCPower reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
OHCPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 06:29 PM   #5
2NDSOUT
Master Member
2NDSOUT is just really nice2NDSOUT is just really nice2NDSOUT is just really nice2NDSOUT is just really nice2NDSOUT is just really nice

1994 SL2
1999 SL

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHCPower View Post
Actually most business professionals in China prefer Buicks... odd, I know. But Buick sales in China have been skyrocketing since the late 1990s/early 2000s...

Bryan

94SL2 HCE, "Pearl"

99 SL

94SL2 260K Miles
1/15

97SW2 266K Miles
2/15

Always
94SC1 340,501 Miles
Org. Engine/Auto Trans
2/97-10/08
Gone 3/12

92SL1
05VUE
91SC

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 2NDSOUT's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 2NDSOUT reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
2NDSOUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 07:30 PM   #6
SLCraig
Master Member
SLCraig is on a distinguished road

1996 SL2
2000 SW2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramics View Post
I also own a V-6 Nissan. Great engine. Best wishes with the price of gasoline.
I've owned 2 VQ35's and VQ30... I consider them an addiction of sorts.

1996 SL2 5MT
1997 SL1 5MT
2000 SW2 5MT
All gone, but not forgotten.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SLCraig's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SLCraig reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SLCraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 08:23 PM   #7
VUEmaniac
VUEmaniac is a jewel in the roughVUEmaniac is a jewel in the roughVUEmaniac is a jewel in the roughVUEmaniac is a jewel in the rough

1997 SC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHCPower View Post
Actually no. They are very popular with young folks. It's the affordable cool car if you can't afford a Bimmer or an Audi. Affordable is relative. Figure 2-3 times the cost of the same Buick here since there's a huge tax on "imported" cars. A lot of the Buicks are actually assembled locally.

Best,

---
Don't blame a clown for acting like a clown. Ask yourself why YOU keep going to the circus.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to VUEmaniac's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help VUEmaniac reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
VUEmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 03:00 AM   #8
bountyhunter
Advanced Member
bountyhunter will become famous soon enoughbountyhunter will become famous soon enough

1992 SL2

If you got 237k miles, it died with it's boots on.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bountyhunter's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bountyhunter reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
bountyhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 10:05 AM   #9
alordofchaos
alordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud of

2002 SC2
1998 SL2

Quote:
rust in the frame, it was time. The 2001 SC2 limited edition yellow is no more. She will turn twelve next month
Sorry to hear

What is happening with the car, junkyard or trade-in? Is the rust on the front subframe/engine cradle, or the body-frame? Any parts that can be saved (dibs! seats, shift knob, brake handle, seats)

Wonder how mad my wife would be if I flew out for the car?

Quote:
After 237K with an oil pan gasket seeping, a seeping plastic side tank on the radiator, worn tie rod ends, warped rear sway bar end links, non functioning interior dome lights, leaky passengers side door
I think I can handle these things - I know it makes no financial sense to do so

I'm not worthy to grovel in the shadow of Signmaster's wisdom

11/2016 red 2002 5 spd SC2 151k DD
7/2010 Craigslist white 1997 SC2 project
12/2008 eBay silver 1998 SL2 5 spd 102k, now 201k+ miles

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to alordofchaos's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help alordofchaos reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
alordofchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 11:32 AM   #10
TXSaturn02
Master Member
TXSaturn02 has a spectacular aura aboutTXSaturn02 has a spectacular aura aboutTXSaturn02 has a spectacular aura about

2002 SL2

Quote:
I will miss Saturn.

Hey GM, the odds of me ever owning another one of your vehicles are slim to none.
I agree 100%

2002 SL2 Manual - new in November, 2001
As of 09/30/17: 223,751 Miles - SOLD
New owner report of 08/08/19: 234,408 Miles

2013 Mazda 3 HB - new in October 2012
As of 07/25/18: 51,495 Miles

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to TXSaturn02's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help TXSaturn02 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
TXSaturn02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 05:33 PM   #11
SLCraig
Master Member
SLCraig is on a distinguished road

1996 SL2
2000 SW2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSaturn02 View Post
I agree 100%
Me 3!
(Unless i get enough cash to get a CTS-V sportwagon)

1996 SL2 5MT
1997 SL1 5MT
2000 SW2 5MT
All gone, but not forgotten.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SLCraig's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SLCraig reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SLCraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 07:14 PM   #12
cris_thomas
Advanced Member

2001 SC2
1995 SC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by alordofchaos View Post
Sorry to hear

What is happening with the car, junkyard or trade-in? Is the rust on the front subframe/engine cradle, or the body-frame? Any parts that can be saved (dibs! seats, shift knob, brake handle, seats)

Wonder how mad my wife would be if I flew out for the car?

I think I can handle these things - I know it makes no financial sense to do so
The car is located at AutoFinders at 1515 Bristol Pike in Bensalem PA.
http://www.autofinderspa.com/

The rust is coming through the frame under the third door.

I suspect if you offered them more than $500 for it they would take it. If you are interested call them soon as I don't know how long they will hold onto it before selling it off at auction.

- C. Thomas

- Cris Thomas
SPOC New England

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help cris_thomas reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-29-2011, 09:05 AM   #13
alordofchaos
alordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud of

2002 SC2
1998 SL2

Thanks, Chris! Not seeing it on their inventory - they may have just junked it. I will contact them to see what happened to the car.

edit: hmmm, bensalem is on the far east end of PA Not sure I'm sufficiently motivated for that

I'm not worthy to grovel in the shadow of Signmaster's wisdom

11/2016 red 2002 5 spd SC2 151k DD
7/2010 Craigslist white 1997 SC2 project
12/2008 eBay silver 1998 SL2 5 spd 102k, now 201k+ miles

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to alordofchaos's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help alordofchaos reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
alordofchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 01:04 PM   #14
cris_thomas
Advanced Member

2001 SC2
1995 SC2

I doubt it will ever be listed on thier website. It will probably go straight to auction. I have to go there this sweekend to get the extra keys for my Z, I will see if it is still there.

If anyone does by it let me know, I have the _Complete_ repair history, all receipts, service records, milage logs etc.

- C. Thomas

- Cris Thomas
SPOC New England

REWARD EXCELLENCE!