SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Site Information > Community Center
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-20-2015, 11:47 AM   #1
cjwithey
cjwithey is on a distinguished road

Dizzy transmission problem or bad sensor? or both?

I have a 2007 saturn relay with 85,000 miles. Every now and then, it will feel like the transmission slips slightly, then the abs, traction, and stability lights come on. Sometimes the lights come on even when the transmission feels normal. Any ideas?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to cjwithey's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help cjwithey reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
cjwithey is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 12-28-2015, 12:01 PM   #2
TBear
TBear is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XR
2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: transmission problem or bad sensor? or both?

Hi CJ.

Your post didn't indicate if the wheels had spun... ie- driving through sand, mud, or water...

I bring this up because when I over-accelerate (thereby spinning my wheels), my dashboard lights-up like the Disneyland Electrical Parade.

It would be helpful to make a "Mental Snap-Shot" when this occurs:
ambient temperature (cold outside? hot?)
operating temperature (is the engine/trans warmed-up?... is this within the first 5 minutes of driving?)
vehicle going uphill? downhill? flat?
Taking-in some of these conditions might be helpful, when diagnosing your issue.

On a final note: maintenance! Are you due for trans. service? (filter & fluid, fluid flush only, etc)

Good luck to you!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to TBear's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help TBear reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
TBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 11:11 PM   #3
pierrot
Master Member
pierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud of

2000 L-Series 2.2L Sedan
Default Re: transmission problem or bad sensor? or both?

Welcome to the SaturnFans Forums, cjwithey, it's a useful and helpful site!

I'd like to suggest a couple of things relative to posting this issue here in the forums:
1st) Re-post this message in the RELAY Tech Forum. You can do this by using the quote feature, copying all of the contents appearing, then paste it on to a new message posted in that forum. You're likely to get better help from members who post there.
2nd) Be sure to add your vehicle's maintenance history, especially with regard to the transmission.

If you've ever seen a "wrench" warning light appear and remain on - or a warning light other than the CEL or Service Engine Soon - at the dash console after this event happens then please mention it.

298,000 miles-it keeps on rolling!
The blessings of liberty erode in my country.
Gov't's grown bigger, but a chance exists that it will be reduced. I'm cautiously hopeful.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to pierrot's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help pierrot reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote