SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Astra > Astra Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-30-2009, 12:42 PM   #1
Astralavista
Astralavista is on a distinguished road

2009 Astra XR
2009 Outlook XE
Default on-board computer

Ok.. so you hold the settings button down till you hear a beep, and then you have a ton more menu's to go through with vehicle information... Now my question is.. anyone decipher all this mumbo-jumbo so I can use making use this info. All I have figured out is V equals Speedometer reading and there is also a voltage display... what do all the other numbers mean?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Astralavista's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Astralavista reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Astralavista is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 07-30-2009, 04:35 PM   #2
OPEL Blitz
Advanced Member
OPEL Blitz is on a distinguished road

Default Re: on-board computer

Wheel sensor values and steering angle and things like that. Coolant and speed are the only tangible values really.

2007 OPEL Astra Diesel

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to OPEL Blitz's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help OPEL Blitz reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
OPEL Blitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 06:00 PM   #3
SaturnRaycer
SaturnRaycer is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XR

The most useful ones are the voltage, engine temp (in celsius), velocity (in km/h). There is also a screen that shows fuel flow, though I don't know what the measurement scale is. This also shows a value that is equal to range.

Rex
2008 Astra XR
5 dr, 5 spd, sport package
Black Sapphire

If you're going to wave, use all your fingers.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SaturnRaycer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SaturnRaycer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnRaycer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 09:36 PM   #4
Astralavista

2009 Astra XR
2009 Outlook XE

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaturnRaycer View Post
The most useful ones are the voltage, engine temp (in celsius), velocity (in km/h). There is also a screen that shows fuel flow, though I don't know what the measurement scale is. This also shows a value that is equal to range.
ok, I know the voltage one... which one refers to engine temp? is there a seperate value for coolant temp or is coolant and engine temp the same? and fuel flow... possibly is psi? that would be more useful when the car gets turbo'd... Wheel sensors.... happen to show the tire pressue?... I'm getting distracted while driving and watching the numbers change trying to figure out the code.. lol

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Astralavista reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-30-2009, 10:22 PM   #5
Layoira
Layoira is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XR

Here ya go:
http://translate.google.ca/translate...hl=en&ie=UTF-8

It will prob still take you to the main page, translated, just click on test mode under on board computer under electronics

~Christina~
Astra XR5: 3M Film,GID, Arm Rest, SRi Wheel, Tints (50/35/13), Pioneer Nav Unit, Debadged, Glovebox Cooling, VXR Surrounds, Painted Grill, XP Spoiler, HIDS, Footwell Lighting. Pics Up :)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Layoira's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Layoira reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Layoira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 11:22 PM   #6
Astralavista

2009 Astra XR
2009 Outlook XE

Thank link is awesome, but i got the CD30 system and the testmode looks very different then that one

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 07-31-2009, 08:41 AM   #7
Layoira
Layoira is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astralavista View Post
Thank link is awesome, but i got the CD30 system and the testmode looks very different then that one
should be alot of the same info in there though. might be some missing but what you have should be the same. I have the cd30 mp3 (had) and a bid i dont remember what the bid test mode looked like tho, i'll have to dig out pics. I have the gid now.

~Christina~
Astra XR5: 3M Film,GID, Arm Rest, SRi Wheel, Tints (50/35/13), Pioneer Nav Unit, Debadged, Glovebox Cooling, VXR Surrounds, Painted Grill, XP Spoiler, HIDS, Footwell Lighting. Pics Up :)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Layoira's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Layoira reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Layoira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 08:52 AM   #8
Astralavista

2009 Astra XR
2009 Outlook XE

Gid with a cd40? ya.. thats my biggest regret when I purchased the car, was I should of went with the better headunit... where did you get your upgrade from, how much was it?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!