SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Astra > Astra General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-09-2008, 08:54 PM   #1
teckman02
teckman02 is on a distinguished road

Default on board car computer

today i test drove a 5door xr astra and loved it. i am planing on getting one late this fall ... my thing if i decide to go aftermarket on the radio what will i loose from the drive computer and how will i control it .....i am guessing the only way would be the controls on the stering weel could someone help me with this .....and when i do get it it will look like an vauxhall not a saturn

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to teckman02's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help teckman02 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
teckman02 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-2008, 09:30 PM   #2
opelnz
opelnz is on a distinguished road

Default Re: on board car computer

You can still access all functions through the wheel control but you will loose the ability to change the time as you cant access this from the wheel control. A dealer can do this through tech 2 , or you have to plug in the originalradio

. You will also need the Can Bus adapter cable loom for the after market radio as the Factory wiring is not an iso conector . Im not sure if these are available in the US yet or import one yourself . You may be able to get the adapter so you can still use the wheel controls for your radio (brand dependent) . I know Alpine , Pioneer , Blaupunkt etc have these in Europe.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to opelnz's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help opelnz reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
opelnz is offline   Reply With Quote