SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Aura > Aura General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2017, 03:50 PM   #1
Solar0987
Solar0987 is on a distinguished road

Default Aura door locks

Wife has had the car since it was new, it started with driver side rear door lock not working with keyfob, or with the interior lock switch, now it has moved to 3 of the 4 locks and the interior switch does nothing at all. Car is no longer under warranty, how expensive of a fix is this? Anyone know the part numbers?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Solar0987's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Solar0987 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Solar0987 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 04-19-2017, 07:01 PM   #2
pierrot
Master Member
pierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud of

2000 L-Series 2.2L Sedan
Default Re: Aura door locks

It would be helpful if you'd have your Saturn vehicle information added into your profile so that it would appear underneath your login name.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solar0987 View Post
Wife has had the car since it was new, it started with driver side rear door lock not working with keyfob, or with the interior lock switch, now it has moved to 3 of the 4 locks and the interior switch does nothing at all.
It's atypical for each window control switch to fail. Obviously, power has been lost between the switches and some component forward of them. What is needed here is for someone to do a check on your window's electrical circuits. If you're good with electrical diagnosis of this sort then what you need is a wiring schematic. If you don't have a factory manual then go to AllDatadiy,

https://www.alldatadiy.com

or Mitchell Manuals,

http://www.eautorepair.net/Marketing/Default.asp

order a subscription and get the wiring information from one of them. Otherwise, this needs to go to a trained technician.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solar0987 View Post
Car is no longer under warranty, how expensive of a fix is this? Anyone know the part numbers?
The cost for this type of repair is based on time only since it's impossible for labor to be calculated on this type of repair. I would expect a minimum of two hours for diagnosis. If all goes well, then that could even include the repair labor. Hourly labor rates vary regionally - lows around $85.00 to highs at or above $120.00. Any parts required will, of course, result in a greater cost and one cannot know what they will be. Therefore the cost of a repair like this is cannot be estimated. Anything further stated by me beyond this is merely guess work and not truly useful.

295,000 miles-it keeps on rolling!
The blessings of liberty erode in my country.
Gov't's grown bigger, but a chance exists that it will be reduced. I'm cautiously hopeful.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to pierrot's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help pierrot reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 08:11 AM   #3
gpartrid
Advanced Member
gpartrid is a jewel in the roughgpartrid is a jewel in the roughgpartrid is a jewel in the roughgpartrid is a jewel in the rough

2008 AURA XR
2008 SKY Red Line

I'm not mechanically inclined but, IIRC, this a common problem AURAs suffer from and typical behavior of failed door lock actuators.

I've experienced this with my trunk. FOB worked on the doors and I heard a clicking near the trunk lock when trying to open it but the trunk would not unlatch. Dealer said it was the actuator.

https://www.yourmechanic.com/article...-lock-actuator

2008 AURA XR
Ocean Mist
Sunroof
Loaded!
Built: 07/19/07

2008 SKY RL
Silver Pearl
Black on Black
6 Disc w. Monsoon
Chrome Wheels
4 Pedals
GMPP Turbo Upgrade & CAI
Built: 09/20/07

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to gpartrid's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help gpartrid reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
gpartrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 10:43 AM   #4
pierrot
Master Member
pierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud of

2000 L-Series 2.2L Sedan

If the actuators have gone bad then the diagnosis is still the same if one wants to be accurate regarding the repair. I have to admit that this is really surprising to me, that the actuators are failing like this in the Aura. Of course, it's possible and I have no reason to disagree with information in the previous post. The OP could, if he so chose, to buy an actuator for one door and replace it to see if it corrects the problem. While not the best option for diagnosis, one might do this.

http://www.gmpartscenter.net/auto-pa...umber=22865521 Front door lock actuators, item #7

http://www.gmpartscenter.net/auto-pa...umber=22865519 Rear door lock actuators, item #6

http://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/s...actuator,13257

The year chosen for the application was just a guess as I don't know the year of the OP's vehicle.

295,000 miles-it keeps on rolling!
The blessings of liberty erode in my country.
Gov't's grown bigger, but a chance exists that it will be reduced. I'm cautiously hopeful.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to pierrot's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help pierrot reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote